Anyone who downloaded 1.3.0 before this post's time, go redownload it now with the zip which has a 'c' at the end of the title. Simply upload the files from it, don't need to run an upgrade or anything, and it will fix a couple bugs related to the new features.

Also, let me know suggestions for version 2.0.0 and bold them or use a list or something where it's easier to notice them.

Some features i am planning on, so far are:

• improve round robin by making it more of a league play with divisions and maybe playoffs and championship
  • more scoring methods, perhaps
  • hopefully better skinning the brackets
  • some sort of help file
  • improved interface
  • allow tournaments to be created on the public side
  • allow a ladder's teams to be loaded into another tournament without them having to join it, maybe?
  • ability to force teams to need approval when joining a tournament
  • matches having their own individual pages for commenting, viewing info, and whatever else may be good for that type of page

I am sure I am forgetting other things I want to do.

I think it already does send a notification for that so all someone has to do is go to their notification settings and set it to also PM or email. Eh, or actually I think ip.board's latest versions don't allow PM for notifications anymore... I guess at some point I could make a setting where you set it to PM instead of notify, but IPS usually says developers should try to just use notifications rather than PMs.

edit: I see notification settings does still allow for emails at least.

Anyone who downloaded 1.3.0 before this post's time, go redownload it now with the zip which has a 'c' at the end of the title. Simply upload the files from it, don't need to run an upgrade or anything, and it will fix a couple bugs related to the new features.

Also, let me know suggestions for version 2.0.0 and bold them or use a list or something where it's easier to notice them.

Some features i am planning on, so far are:

• improve round robin by making it more of a league play with divisions and maybe playoffs and championship
  • more scoring methods, perhaps
  • hopefully better skinning the brackets
  • some sort of help file
  • improved interface
  • allow tournaments to be created on the public side
  • allow a ladder's teams to be loaded into another tournament without them having to join it, maybe?
  • ability to force teams to need approval when joining a tournament
  • matches having their own individual pages for commenting, viewing info, and whatever else may be good for that type of page

I am sure I am forgetting other things I want to do.

Just 2 quick questions, since I have the fixes that you manually gave me, is there a need for me to download 1.3 version ? What is new in this version?

It has a iist of all the changes if you go to the download page and scroll down to the changelog. It has quite a few bug fixes i didn't post the fixes for in here. I don't think your support has run out or anything, so there would be no downside. All you have to do is upload the files, log into the acp, and run the upgrader. I think it has like 10-20 bug fixes and adds co-leaders, disputes (only via auto topic, though), team abbreviations if you want to use them, and several other things.

It has a iist of all the changes if you go to the download page and scroll down to the changelog. It has quite a few bug fixes i didn't post the fixes for in here. I don't think your support has run out or anything, so there would be no downside. All you have to do is upload the files, log into the acp, and run the upgrader. I think it has like 10-20 bug fixes and adds co-leaders, disputes (only via auto topic, though), team abbreviations if you want to use them, and several other things.

Thank you, I shall run the upgrade :D

open admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/sources/classes/startup/class_tournaments.php

FIND:

$this->registry->output->addNavigation($this->lang->words['tournaments_title'],$this->settings['base_url']."app=tournaments", 
'home', 'app=tournaments' );

CHANGE TO:

$this->registry->output->addNavigation( "<a href='" . 
ipsRegistry::getClass('output')->buildSEOUrl( "app=tournaments", 'public', 
'home', 'app=tournaments' ) . 
"'>{$this->lang->words['tournaments_title']}</a>", "" );

Then reupload that file and it will fix a bug with the first link in the breadcrumb trail in the app

Actually what I changed it to is just me complicating it...

Really most likely it would work if it is changed to:

$this->registry->output->addNavigation($this->lang->words['tournaments_title'],"app=tournaments",'home', 
'app=tournaments' );

So all anyone really had to do is remove that settings part. It will work either way though, but I am going to change it back where I am not overcomplicating it.

Blah. Noticed another bug where the breadcrumb trail of links when you're viewing a tournament isn't working properly (bad link to the category). I fixed it, but too many changes needed for me to be able to post it here. I also changed like 30 other palces where although there was no true problem, I wanted to format these all the proper way.

oh ok I'll try to change that for this small update which is coming out probably this week. It's not a bug that stops people from challenging properly, but just I forgot to have it displayed differently now that I added in that ability to make it not restricted. Also several other bugs I have fixed lately.

As far as adding matches, I think he could also add them in the ACP, but that may only be for round robin... I forget, actually. It was originally meant only for round robin styles. Otherwise they have to challenge on the public side.

Not currently. I am going to improve those types of things, though. I did add the dispute feature, but it was onlt using auto topicsince someone paid to ahve it done custom so for now it didn't need to be more in-depth, but anwyay so they can dispute and then add screenshots into that dispute message, though. The cancelling results is soemthing I want to add, but have to be sure of the best way. The thing is... it would then ahve to undo tons of things. Especially in brackets, for example, where the team would have already moved to the next round. I was saving any of those featrues which will be tedious until version 2.0.0.