Hi,

I wanted to ask....

Is this script basically a Fantasy league script? If you are unsure on how fantasy leagues work I can explain.

Let's say there is a rugby championship, like Super Rugby, every weekend there are 7 matches played, the competition is about 12 weeks long..., these are live games BTW...

So we as players guess the score and depending on how close we are we clim a league..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. This is where you challenge others to matches and mvoe up or down based on which of you wins a match. So there are always two teams involved and members are on teams. I ahve thought about making some sort of fantasy app, but not sure if I will or not. I have played fantasy baseball for many years, for example, so I am really thinking of making an app for that, but may just keep it for myself if I do. Anything is possible, though.

So the closest you could do is you could have two teams enter a match and predict something from real lfie, but then it would only be those two competing against each other at a time.

In my sports betting app you can add brackets where it's based on predicting. In THAT app all members who join the contest rpedict who will win throughout the bracket. It's limited to certain types, though. It's set up how real life baseball, basketball, (american) football, college basketball and football, etc... do. You can technically use it for othee things, but have to use those setups with those numbers of teams.

I don't even remember seeing an app have as many screenshots as this one. And most apps don't have total demos. The bracket area does not look great to me, as I need to figure out how to skin it better. I've had probably three or four skinners offer to help if I want to improve any skinnng and every one of them has ignored me when I try to get help with anything. I tried on my own to get a good bracket type of skinning, but it didn't work for some reason. They're still lined up properly, but they just don't have the lines under the names.... instead it's just basically table rows connected with the normal table borders. That is the main area wish I could iprove skinning on, but I can't do what I don't know how to do, so it keeps having to wait. I'm not going to do a true demo where people get ACP access, most likely, because it just increases the chance of someone hacking or whatnot.

Well, the majority seem to be happy overall and it's a bargain considering how much work I keep putting into it. I am releasing version 1.3.0 any day now and there have been wayyyyyyyy more additions in the less than one year this app has been around than the average app would have ever. Usually apps don't get many features added after the first release. Not many apps have full demos where you get ACP access either. The only reason i don't have a public side demo is because I don't have a good site for being able to best do it. I am going to finish setting up my new site and put demos on there, but just haven't had time to set much up there.

I will vouch for the app he has created. It works great. Little things I didnt understand and Midnight was there posting within minutes. He has fantastic support and goes out of his way to assist in any way he can. The app does what it says it does and much more. I operate a 500+ members site.and have been running tournaments and ladders since I bought this last month and its been a fantastic app for our community. I couldnt be happier. He has updated the app almost immediately if something goes amiss. We have had no trouble at all with the app in its current form and I cant wait for it to be updated. I'm looking forward to the upgrades he has made.

Jim

Legionofhonorclan.com

Thanks very much. I try to do my best. I am definitely not saying they don't have a right to want to demo it first, though, but so far I just ahven't got one up. Also any of the areas which I a unhappy with I am going to try to improve for version 2.0.0. One thing I don't like is the round robin setup... it's just kind of odd having it create all the matches at ocne, but then not really easily having each match with different times... and also it then creates topics for each one, if enabled, right off, so that's kind of odd. That and skinning are the main things I want to improve and overall simplicity, I guess. I am going to get people to make more suggestions, but was waiting until I release 1.3 where they know what's already been added.

I have not seen skinning issues with this as I have a custom skin on my site. I have not used the topic creation yet, but at the end of the month we have a battlefield tournament happening so I will get more familiar with it once the time comes. I really like the mod and its been working just fine for us with no problems at all.

I am looking forward to your new additions

have a great day

Jim

You don't need a full access demo for users. Many users on the "review" section of the app have asked for a demo and or better screenshots of the front end with tournaments running, or outcomes of tournaments such as how the elo's work, or things like that.

You have quite a few screenshots then a lot of apps, however, this is a huge app for $49 (which is fine) with out enough of the IMPORTANT screenshots compared to similar apps out there with the same price or work involved from other apps. Look at the social groups app for example, easily nearly double the screenshots of the front end and the backend. I'd hope you'd have more pictures then "Add STAFF RIBBONS".I mean........ that is no comparison.

It takes you all of 15minutes to setup a site, you're developing this SOMEWHERE, you do have a site, you CAN put up a demo, you choose not to. Again, once I see an accurate representation of what I'm buying, I'll pull the trigger, $49 isn't much to me, but $49 can go into a full IPB app like IP.Content or pay my hosting bill for 2 months, yah know what I mean?

I don't even have to see it from you, I just want to see it populated

Getting an white screen with FF and an error with chrome. I am making a comment in a created tourney, it allow me to create a comment but when I click submit it goes to white screen
/index.php?app=tournaments&module=tournaments&section=tournaments&do=doAddComment.this is where it trys to go.

Chrome give me this after it though - It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

any ideas?

Well, there was a bug involving commenting which I posted a fix for in here, but is not yet in the download itself until i upload this next one. I know in IE it gave a fatal error emssage, so not 100% sure if that is what you're running into or not.

By the way, at this point tournaments themselves can only be created in the ACP. For whatever reason, only one person has mentioned wanting ability to do it publicly. If I make every single function related to tournaments in the ACP also available on the public side it will take a long time, so i probably can't get it into this next release. Just mentioning it in case anyone wnats a setup where they allow non-acp groups to create tournaments.

I am not knocking your character, I am just the type of person who needs to see a demo to get a full understanding of the workings. To try and visualize it is tough, and i do see that you respond quickly and that is good that you offer top support. I have support topics that have never been responded to from other sellers....

I will vouch for the app he has created. It works great. Little things I didnt understand and Midnight was there posting within minutes. He has fantastic support and goes out of his way to assist in any way he can. The app does what it says it does and much more. I operate a 500+ members site.and have been running tournaments and ladders since I bought this last month and its been a fantastic app for our community. I couldnt be happier. He has updated the app almost immediately if something goes amiss. We have had no trouble at all with the app in its current form and I cant wait for it to be updated. I'm looking forward to the upgrades he has made.

Jim

Legionofhonorclan.com

Thanks LoH, can you share your board so I can see or is it a private board...ignore I saw your post regarding this..

To fix that, which is only going to happen in ip.board 3.4 or above, do the following file edit in these TWO files, save the files, and re-upload them to the server.

FILE 1: admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/modules_public/tournaments/tournaments.php

FILE 2: admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/modules_public/teams/teams.php

FIND:

$posty = IPSText::getTextClass( 'editor' )->processRawPost( 'Post' );

CHANGE TO:

$classToLoad = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/classes/editor/composite.php', 'classes_editor_composite' );
$editor = new $classToLoad();
$posty = $editor->process( $_POST['Post'] );

this is the fix he gave me for the posting error. This was given to me within minutes of me posting..what service :D

Thanks. That fix will be in the next version, also, which should be out early nextw eek. I have been done with it, but it's an unusual case because it involved custom work so I have to get all of that finalized before releasing. Normally, I am not doing custom things so that's what makes this a bit different.

I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and put in the better FURL page number behavior, but the problem is that is for 3.4 soI would either have to have the version be supported only in 3.4 or if you use 3.3 then some old links would not work until you upgrade to 3.4 (if someone happened to link to a page with page numbers.... which is not too likely). I can't keep supporting 3.3 forever, though, because I believe this year is when ip.board 4.0 is releasing. Maybe I will support 3.3 until then, or maybe not.

One feature I was thinking of adding in is the ability to have tournaments automatically start shortly after their tournament start time. But the thing is... for round robin and I think even brackets you have options to add in match times when starting and there are some other annoyances, also, so I think I'll have to wait because it will probably be more work than i want to spend on an already finished version.

I am still struggling to understand how this app works.

Can you please explain this to me without any Jargon that may be country related?

An admin makes categories in the acp.

The admin then adds tournaments to the categories (many different types of ladders, round robin style, bracket style).

There are settings for how big of teams can join and many other settings.

Members in allowed groups are then able to create teams on the public side.

Teams are created to be used in any tournaments which allow teams with their number of members. So a team is NOT forced to only be in one tournament. If a tournament does not allow members to come or go during a tounrament, then they can't join other tournaments which require them to have a different member count, though.

Teams can have x number of members and y number of reserves. Some tournaments allow reserves and some don't (based on your settings).

During the tournaments themselves, you are in matches against other teams in the tournament. Your team leader does most all of the team management types of things.

The admin can submit the scores if the team leaders do not do it properly. Otherwise, if both leaders confirm the same scores, it's considered final and the admin just clicks a "verify score" button in the ACP just really confirming they saw the result (in case they need to manually move people on a ladder or some other reason).

But, anyway, the app is basically for people who play video games against each other or they could compete in really anything. I mean technically you could compete in a real life game of basketball or anything else. It's just to keep track of scores and mvoe people in a bracket, ladder, or league (of sorts).

It's NOT for rpedictions, though, unless you want two teams competing to predict and whoever predicts wins. But for having a contest where a bunch of teams simply predict real life sports results that's mostly how my bracket portion of my betting app is.

I still think it would be good to design a box or hook that lets you display upcomming matches on the site, "Select which tournament(s) to follow.

Also another one which would allow us to display if we wanted to on the homepage, the winners of those matches.

You could have an option to also say show how many matches etc.

Just an idea.

Well matches is another area I need to improve to begin with. For some reason i didn't even make each match have its own page for people to go to! I should do that first and then could have the hooked matches link to their individual pages and also could have auto match topics link to the match page and have commenting for that individual match. I don't really want to add it for this next version, though, since it's fnished unless someone wants it enough to pay to hsve me spend the time to do it. I need a little break, but of course when people need something enough to pay I sometimes will just do work for a few more days before taking breaks. I'm still not sure if I will make a 1.4.0 before going right to 2.0.0 either and the 2.0.0 one will probably be a few months away because I have other apps needing work.

yes basically. Like 32 teams would be in it seeded 1-32 where 1 plays 32, 2 plays 31, etc... and they get knocked out with single or double elimination. You are limited to having them be certain number of teams though, such as 4, 8, 16, 32, and 64, I believe. The math is too complicated to have them auto move with a formula (for me) so i had to hardcode it to move them for specific team counts like that. Then you can add "bye teams" if you don't have enough teams joining.

Midnight Modding, on 16 Jan 2013 - 06:35, said:

The best way, right now, if you mean with a ladder, is to just make the tournament finish and the registration finish be the same thing and put them at some far off date. When I have time I could add in a feature to allow for it just being considered always open, but would you never have any end to it? It would just always be active and never really a "winer", but just a current top team?

I doubt I would have time to add it in this version though, as I am basically done other than one change I want to make. And so unless someone badly needs something to the point of paying to have it added now, I don't ewant to be adding in anything as I'm ready to release this soon and take a break.

When attempting to do the above I receive an error message.

System Error

Your registration times must be sooner than your tournament times

the alternative is to have it finish in 6 months. with no finals etc.

Archived