• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok I'll test it when I get time. If I can't make it have the error I'll have to get a link from you. Also i wonder why I even made the invitations feature on the public side anyway since tournaments are only started in the ACP. That's kind of inconsistent. At some point I may add a feature to allow people to add the tournaments on the public side also.

edit: yeah I tested it real quick and it worked for me and I glanced at the code and I see severalw ays that error can come up so i'll have to wait until later today when I have time to have it print things on the screen to see where it's messed up.

Possible it's not a bug though. If you happened to be sending it only to a team or teams who were already in it, already had been invited, or had previously been kicked out of the tournament it will give that error due to no teams being selected which can receive new invitations. At first glance I didn't see a bug, but it's possible. Technically I could make the multi select not show those teams, but for whatever reason i didn't do it.

bbcode should work, but I know on the public end html is turned off and in the ACP I'm not sure, although I think it would be off there too, but not 100% sure.

legion, turn the whole feature off, or turn off requirements for who can be invited? Do you definitely know you were inviting someone who didn't already have an ongoing invitation, for example? There's no way to turn off the feature totally at this point, i believe.

bbcode should work, but I know on the public end html is turned off and in the ACP I'm not sure, although I think it would be off there too, but not 100% sure.

legion, turn the whole feature off, or turn off requirements for who can be invited? Do you definitely know you were inviting someone who didn't already have an ongoing invitation, for example? There's no way to turn off the feature totally at this point, i believe.

what feature are you referring too? I am in the system settings and dont see that function offered.

They're all in the settings in system settings, where you can change them. I can't remember offhand if I resize them to all be the same size when shown in the app though. I probably did, but if not, then it will look odd with some bigger than others.

Crap, if I just bothered to look rather than just look I would have seen that setting. I apologize, but thank you very much for your Fantastic Support!!

One more issue.....the comment system gives me this when I type in the box. I have since moved the Tournament from my testing site to our main community site which is IPB V 3.2.3 to go live. I typed normal with no special characters.. I get this error with the comment system:

post-191001-0-80988100-1356988515_thumb.

nevermind, used your code from last night and its fine

Well, as the file page says, it's only guaranteed in 3.3 and 3.4. You may run into some more issues. I "think" it should be fine in 3.2, but I didn't mention that version on the file download page because I first released this for 3.3 and didn't specifically make sure how 3.2 worked with it. I don't recall any changes between 3.2 and 3.3 which affected this, but I may be forgetting something. Also, when I finally add in hooks to show things in profiles and topics, those would probably not work in 3.2 because I believe they changed some hook points since then.

I realized something I'm surprised nobody has mentioned. The profile page shows everything to EEVRY team member, not just leaders! So, for instance, the accept invite button for tournament invites will show to normal team members. If they click it, it wont let them do it, butstill those should not be shown to them.

I wodner if challenges and matches should still show to all team members, but just not give the links to submit scores? Again, the links won't work, but I am deciding whether or not the challenges at all should show to them.

At some point I really should make seaparate pages for matches where people can comment on a specific match.

Well, as the file page says, it's only guaranteed in 3.3 and 3.4. You may run into some more issues. I "think" it should be fine in 3.2, but I didn't mention that version on the file download page because I first released this for 3.3 and didn't specifically make sure how 3.2 worked with it. I don't recall any changes between 3.2 and 3.3 which affected this, but I may be forgetting something. Also, when I finally add in hooks to show things in profiles and topics, those would probably not work in 3.2 because I believe they changed some hook points since then.

It seems to be working fine. My test site is 3.4 . I will be upgrading my entire board to the latest of IPB within the first 30 days of January 2013. I am just making sure all of my Mods that I have done on my board will indeed work. Again your support is top notch.

Happy New Year and thank you again :D .

I do have a question in reference to the text editor, when creating rules, where is the line where I can edit and use the code you provided to use the IPB editor instead of just using plain text. Meaning I want to be able to use the IPB editor like the one I am using to edit this post now to edit my rules for the tournaments and ladders.

thank you again

Jim

If you mean the full editor, I don't have a page for using the full one. Oh, you mean in the ACP? Where it has a regular text box? If I have time I'll change it to an editor soon. I don't think I've added one in the ACP before, so I'll have to look up whether or nto there's a shortcut to doing it or if I have to load the whole thing myself.

I am also considering adding a description field for tournaments. I figured the rules can be sued as one, but still may be good to have a true description field.

Thanks. Happy New Year to you, as well. Yeah, I can't think of anything that won't work for 3.2. If there is anything it would be minor.

yeah, full editor box would be good. Also would be good to have a true description box for the rules and also a map section to upload the maps. I think it would also be good to have a duplicate tournament feature so we can use the same rules and set-up as a previous ladder or tournament we set up,so we don't have to remake everything if that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

The next version of this should be out within a few days. After that I am probably going to work on 2.0.0, ie more improving of the system as a whole than new features, although a few more features also. This next version will have quite a few new things, thoguh.

Care to share your feature roadmap? I've always thought this was a good app for the IPB system and am definitely interested in its future.

The best way, right now, if you mean with a ladder, is to just make the tournament finish and the registration finish be the same thing and put them at some far off date. When I have time I could add in a feature to allow for it just being considered always open, but would you never have any end to it? It would just always be active and never really a "winer", but just a current top team?

I doubt I would have time to add it in this version though, as I am basically done other than one change I want to make. And so unless someone badly needs something to the point of paying to have it added now, I don't ewant to be adding in anything as I'm ready to release this soon and take a break.

Archived