• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's there. Not my fault the site wouldn't let me upload until now. :smile: The changelog is at the bottom of the page this file is on, by the way. Notice it's a lot longer than the one or two thigns I originally was doing.

Oh also.... I would be careful about using auto topics if you run round robin types because it makes all the topics for all the matches for round robin right at the beginning which is kind of annoying. Will be improved some other time. I really should redo round robin a lot.

ALso just realized I didn't technically test submitting match scores on the public side involving forfeited or bye teams... I'll test when i can. I don't think those would have any issue which would be bad, regardless.

As an fyi, it's called 1.2.0 because 1.1.0 was technically used before... by one person so this is kind of dod in that it jumped right form 1.0.3 to 1.2.0, but oh well.

I can't remember if anyone else ahd custom ideas they were willing to pay for, but I "may" be adding a new version again already within a week or two, so if anyone cares about something enough to want to pay for it to be in that soon, let me know where i could just add some other things before releasing it. I already added something, but I only say i "may" be releasing a new version because I still haven't heard from the guy who was going to pay me to add some things. Otherwise, i have other apps to work on and f all the people wanting that last release, apparently not many wanted it as much as they said, whereas I really ened to be working on the betting app other than custom work for this.

well, most likely it's easier fixed on his end because on mine I have a real specific url type which has to happen, so what's happening is I bet his is taking any lnik with the word teams in it and considering it a match.

I believe one thing you could do, though, is just have this tournaments app show up before his app in the ACP. You could at elast try it and see if it works, anyway. Like on the manage apps, you could reorder it to have mine listed first. That way,m since mine is mroe specific it would show mine if it's suposed to, otherwise it should end up properly going to his.

If none of the reordering fixes it, he would probably have to change his furl templates file to make ti where it will only consider it a match if it's exactly how his is formatted. In mine the url has tournaments in the url, for example, so the only reason his woulod be matching it is if his doesn't eliminate ones with that in it.

Or technically you could edit it yourself and rebuild the FURL templates, if you know how to do the formatting.

pxl, it's hard to do much on my end because it just so happens that both apps have areas related to teams. On mine, though, it only considers a url a "match" if it has tournaments/teams/ in the url. What's making it go to the wrong page is his is apparently matching any url with teams/ in it so even if you type in a url to a page in my app it's triggering his as well. Since mine is not the one catching his urls, though, there's less I can do. Only thing I could do is change it to not even have teams in the url, but that would defeat the purpose of the FURl to begin with. Since mine all need tournaments in the url to be considered matches, it's not going to accidentally do this same thing with urls to the other app. The only real solution would be if he feels like making it where if tournaments is in the url it won't be considered a match for his.

If that author doesn't want to, you could get someone to do it because all you would have to do is change some things in the furl templates file for that app and then rebuild them in the ACP. I'm not good at knowing the "regex" myself, though, to be able to easily do it.

I seem to have an error when I go to the details page. I created a 6 person RR match. and i get this error when making a comment: Fatal error: Call to undefined method parseBbcode::processRawPost() in /home/mctjim/public_html/LoHG/admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/modules_public/tournaments/tournaments.php on line 2405

when I go to details it says well here is the screen shot:

post-191001-0-45263800-1356907860_thumb.

To fix that, which is only going to happen in ip.board 3.4 or above, do the following file edit in these TWO files, save the files, and re-upload them to the server.

FILE 1: admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/modules_public/tournaments/tournaments.php

FILE 2: admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/modules_public/teams/teams.php

FIND:

$posty = IPSText::getTextClass( 'editor' )->processRawPost( 'Post' );

CHANGE TO:

$classToLoad = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/classes/editor/composite.php', 'classes_editor_composite' );
$editor = new $classToLoad();
$posty = $editor->process( $_POST['Post'] );

Open admin/applications_addon/other/tournaments/modules_public/tournaments/tournaments.php

FIND:

$data['tourney_type'] = 
$this->registry->getClass('class_localization')->formatNumber($r['total_slots']) 
. ' ' . $this->lang->words['team_team'] . ' ' . 
$this->lang->words['tourney_type_three'];

CHANGE TO:

$data['tourney_type'] = 
$this->registry->getClass('class_localization')->formatNumber($data['total_slots']) 
. ' ' . $this->lang->words['team_team'] . ' ' . 
$this->lang->words['tourney_type_three'];

BV, it sends a notification if they have that type of notification enabled (in the suer control panel or whatever it's called now in ip.board). So if they have that enabled, it will show as a new notificationr eceived up there in the notification menu of ip.board, and then I believe the link goes to their profile (which is also wehre it is accepted... there's a table on there and they simply click the accept link and then on the next page confirm it).

I was thinking today.... I should probably change that feature where when it's accepted the leader must still accept also because what if the leader forgot they invited the person and no longer wants them on the team. But for now they are automatically accepted unless the leader withdraws it from their team invitations page before the person accepts. Of course, the leader could always kick them backj off, though.

These above fixes will be in the next version, but I can't upload it yet is why I posted them here. I am in the middle of already making a new version and I didn't want to change things in the current files and in the next version, both. As long as the person paying me for custom work pays me soon after I finish, the next version would be out soon and has a lot of nice new features.

ok, I'll look into that bug when I have time.

SCE, well you could always buy this one and then the next version will be out soon so it won't cost any extra to upgrade to that one. Only people it would cost anythign for is ones whose support has run out.

Yes you can do a ladder that way. There is a setting as far as how many spots away someone can challenge though. So you would have to have that set to 19 in your example. Also currently you can only challenge someone with a BETTER ranking. So the 20 would have to challenge the 1. the 1 couldn't challenge the 20. Someone requested that I add a setting to allow the better ranked team to also challenge those below them, but I doubt that will be in this next version yet. Unless someone eneds it badly enough to pay to have it added in sooner.

But anyway then there are various methods you can use. So if you want them to automatically switch rankings if the worse ranked one wins, you use the swap method.

Archived