Every time I plan to do any of this I get some weird health issue out of nowhere. lol Not much I can do to control that. I'll get something done soon either way though.

Any update? Pretty fed up now waiting for something. I've been patient, but it has come to a point now that I can no longer be patient. Hope you are ok and your health issue isn't serious.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well when things come up like that there's nothing I can do about it. Nothing is guaranteed on mods as far as ever being updated anyway. I'm one of the better ones at actually adding new things and staying updated. I've seen tons of mods where the authors just disappear. The original product was close to what the average person was telling me to do. The only real thing missing was disputes. I probably should just go abck to my first plan of releasing it with better management as soon as I can rather than add those other features before ever releasing an update.

I think people should be patient and not rush you. The fact that your taking ideas and suggestions and working on making an updated version with new features should be enough. I think the payout is better with more features than to just fix one problem and not have the other added features. I say do what you can and maybe give us an estimated time and dont worry about rushing it.

My opinion.

ok well finallyyyyy I will be starting back on this within the enxt day and so once I am spending enough time on it things will be quick. It just takes time becasue not only did I have to take a break, but I have several apps so I have to go back and forth between them,

I'm thinking I'll just improve that part similar to how Becca mentioned and then release it and then go right to working on other parts. Maybe the disputing but I'm not so sure that is eneded as quick as other features, since someone could PM a dispute for now.

Hi !

Just wondering if you had any demo site, or demo version ?

Thanks !

(Please quote this message when answering)

Not really. Usually I have them installed on my main site, but 1. some idiots have eben spamming my site and 2. there are no "real" members there anymore, so nothing gets used. I set up another site (somewhat) which I was thinking of using only for demos of my apps, but so far haven't done it. I just need to think of the best way to do it.

Not really. Usually I have them installed on my main site, but 1. some idiots have eben spamming my site and 2. there are no "real" members there anymore, so nothing gets used. I set up another site (somewhat) which I was thinking of using only for demos of my apps, but so far haven't done it. I just need to think of the best way to do it.

Hello,

Well, would it be possible to set it up, yeah ? Because before buying such a "big" mod, I'd like to see what it looks like on a demo site :)

So although this app has alot of potential it is lacking however in several major areas and at the moment I am not sure it is worth the $50.

-We have set up 2 challenge ladder tournaments using this application, we have teams, we have started it in yet no one can challenge.

-There is not way to delete a team

-No way to manage who can start teams, who can start teams in a specific tournament

-Limited areas for custom information such as challenge info

-Being able to assign ladder "Moderators" or "Referees"

-An actual challenge ladder system that only ends by a Admin hitting an end button instead of giving dates and times.

-The ability to put custom ranks on teams would also be a nice feature

-A hook to display upcomming challenges/ tournaments/matches on the frontpage would be a good addition.

I am willing to pay a lil extra to get this custom coding for the application done on our website. We like the program and we understand what we are asking for may be opinionated or custom needs which is why we are making this offer. However if we cannot get most of these features added by January 20th we are going to use a different application though we would rather not. Please PM me if you might be interested in doing that custom work for us, I would be willing to even design custom graphics for this application. If we do not hear from you within the week we will assume you have rejected our offer and have no intent on improving this application at this time.

We hope to hear from your soon!

Best wishes and good health

So although this app has alot of potential it is lacking however in several major areas and at the moment I am not sure it is worth the $50.

-We have set up 2 challenge ladder tournaments using this application, we have teams, we have started it in yet no one can challenge.

-There is not way to delete a team

-No way to manage who can start teams, who can start teams in a specific tournament

-Limited areas for custom information such as challenge info

-Being able to assign ladder "Moderators" or "Referees"

-An actual challenge ladder system that only ends by a Admin hitting an end button instead of giving dates and times.

-The ability to put custom ranks on teams would also be a nice feature

-A hook to display upcomming challenges/ tournaments/matches on the frontpage would be a good addition.

I am willing to pay a lil extra to get this custom coding for the application done on our website. We like the program and we understand what we are asking for may be opinionated or custom needs which is why we are making this offer. However if we cannot get most of these features added by January 20th we are going to use a different application though we would rather not. Please PM me if you might be interested in doing that custom work for us, I would be willing to even design custom graphics for this application. If we do not hear from you within the week we will assume you have rejected our offer and have no intent on improving this application at this time.

We hope to hear from your soon!

Best wishes and good health

Any chance you could PM me the alternative?

I second you thoughts mate, have been for months without any updates.

Everyone has lost all hope in this application.

It's hard to know why that first one would be happening. It's probably due to settigns, but hard to know without knowing your settings.

In system settigns you set which groups can make teams and in the tournament creation you can select groups which can be in it (thus for that tournament they can't create teams if they aren't an allowed group).

To make a ladder end only when you want it to, just put some crazy far off date for the end time. Maybe I will change it up some, though, where you can have it say no specified end date or something.

Most of the rest of that will probably be in it at some point. Not sure if all, but a lot of it. Oh also what would the moderator be responsible for? What all would they actually do?

Welsh, you losing all hope does not mean everyone has. :p

As far as custom work, someone else wants some too. In fact, I think there are like three other people whow ant some. So i can absically do whatever, most likely, and just work on this a lot and be doing the custom work for everyone, as it would be easier since I am already going to be working on the app. Would be harder if everyone wanted custom stuff on totally different apps.

Oh, by the way, another problem is ip.board 3.4 is coming out soon. I will TRY to do some of this for 3.3 since many of you won't want to upgrade to 3.4 right off, but soon I'll have to do like IPS and work only on the 3.4 supported one. Sometimes these apps work on multiple versions, but with 3.4 they changed up a lot of studd related to the editor and also getting data READY for the editor, database, etc...

I wont PM or post an alternative because it is not my objective to deter customers from this app, and this is out of respect for the developer attempting this. This is just merely an option and decision that the PXL community is faced with.

@midnight

I have fiddled with those settings to accomplish one or both suggestions but have been un able to get the desired result. Here is in depth what I am looking for, for the team creation part:

-Create team option for Tournament A ex. 4v4 Tournament

--Select Usergroups able to make team for this tournament

--Select Usergroups able to join teams for this tournament

--Amount of teams a user is able to join in this tournament

-1v1 Tournament B ex settings

--Enable/ Disable autoname team with member username

--Select Usergroups able to make team for this tournament

Other settings that would be useful

-Challenge Ladder

--Allows member/ or Team to challenge another team

--Date/Time options are in Challenge along with rules and settings( possible custom settings for this would be nice for first person shooter games; such as the ability to put in maps and enable selections of specific maps, loadouts);(just an idea)

--Report results of the match, who won, k/d of each member or team total

--Referee(moderator) confirms match results and then the team is auomatically moved in the standings.

--Ability to input a link to a video of the match

Like I said just kinda what we are looking for, though some things more than others. But I am willing to provide custom images for this app like I said if it will help the process.

If you want I can PM you credentials to look at our settings and see what we did wrong.

I finished the delete team feature and the withdraw team application feature. The latter was because someone (whos till owes me money......) mentioned that sometimes leaders would not respond and so the person who applied could not join other teams sicne the max allowed count includes teams applied to.

I wonder if I should list the deleted teams in the standings for tournaments... I guess i still should include them. Actually one issue I just now thought about, though, is what if for some reason you delete a team in first place? Maybe I should make it where when a winner is named, it will not name the top one the winner if they're deleted?

I basically made it where if you delete a team it marks that team as who forfeited, so then if a match was already in progress, then when the other person submits scores it will automatically consider it agreed to by the deleted team where it will push the result on through.

Also, I made it where if you're facing a "bye" it will push it through also. In the past the admin had to submit anything involving a bye team.

I was thinking about allowing the drop out and kick out features even when a tournament is ongoing... so I may do that in a day or two. but if I do it's a lot more problematic because there's more coding to do to let new teams with the same member be allowed in. Remember, Becca mentioned it needs to still let those members back in on new teams (assuming it's still open). Well for a deleted team that's very easy because it's based on team member rows, which are deleted along with the team, so it won't show them as still being in it. However, if I have the kick out or drop out features allowed even in the middle of a tournament then it will obviously NOT be deleting the team so it will still show up as members being in the tournament. And actually... even as the kick out feature CURRENTLY is, the team could just join back again. SO that whole feature is not so great.

I also made it close challenges totally where they won't show up anymore when the team has been deleted.

I am not planning on adding anything after Friday or Saturday, so whateevr I have time to add by then I will still add before releasing this, but then I need to consider it done for the last version for board 3.3. Someone is paying to have some auto topic creation in this version, as well.

I haven't tested anything yet, by the way. This has so many files I ahd to look through trying to be sure nothign gets messed up with deleted teams. For instance, matches would have not allowed EITHER person to do anything if a team is deleted, so I ahd to change that. There is so much code in various files, I hope i have not overlooked anything. A lot of things were fine as they were, due to how I ahd them set up, where deleted teams don't bother anything.

Archived