We are closed Thursday 23rd November and Friday 24th November. Support is still available via your client center but response times may be delayed.
Invision Community
Jason UK

Forum off button?

I am planning to move from vBulletin 3.8 to IVP soon but have a simple question. How do you turn the forums off?

I tend to do a lot of changes to the look and feel of the site pending user feedback and during this time, I turn the forums off.

I am in the demo right now and do not see a way to turn the forums off. Am I being totally silly here and is it the case that turning the forums off simply not in the demo or does the off button simply not exist?

I don't mean totally take them offline. Just lock out every user except the admin while stuff is fixed.

Many thanks for your help.

I am planning to move from vBulletin 3.8 to IVP soon but have a simple question. How do you turn the forums off?

I tend to do a lot of changes to the look and feel of the site pending user feedback and during this time, I turn the forums off.

I am in the demo right now and do not see a way to turn the forums off. Am I being totally silly here and is it the case that turning the forums off simply not in the demo or does the off button simply not exist?

I don't mean totally take them offline. Just lock out every user except the admin while stuff is fixed.

Many thanks for your help.

The System Setting for Board Offline, and the associated member group configuration for "Can view the Community when it is offline" is what you are looking for... it does exist :)

Admin Panel>System Dropdown>System Settings>Community Offline / Online (2 settings)

That will allow you to set an offline message as well. Certain user groups (such as admins) will still be able to browse the offline forums, and this can be edited at the per-user-group level.

Yes, this can be done. There is an on/off switch in System Settings > System > Community Offline / Online, and you can leave a message that locked-out users will see. You can use group permissions to control which users can still access the forums in this state, and only admins have this permission by default.

I'm not sure if the demo includes this option, but try searching for it in the ACP using the live search box.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.