IP.Tracker, please IPS...

Michael

Hi all, I just realised that ip.tracker and ip.tickets are different.

Is there a way to copy over all of the ip.tracker data to ip.tickets?

Or alternatively is thee a way to ipdate the ip.tracker to 3.3.1?

OK, now i'm even more confused....

Are there 2 projet, one for tickets and another for tracker or has the tracker been turned into the tickets project?

2 completely different apps. tickets is orientated more towards a support center.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe better idea is to publish tracker code in public repository (Git, Hg). For sure community will help in developing by patch queues.

That was the idea when they were all community projects too, and it never happened then, so I doubt it's going to change.

We feel that allowing some trusted developers in the community the opportunity to update and release a new version of IP.Tracker is the best option at present. We have put a lot of thought into this, and as has been mentioned, will be providing more information about the plans in due course.

But then that a community thing that was done with a while back no? Unless your bring back the community development again. If it carries the "IP" title why not just bring it on board and develop it like the other applications as it been a major core of many of IP communities.

But then that a community thing that was done with a while back no? Unless your bring back the community development again. If it carries the "IP" title why not just bring it on board and develop it like the other applications as it been a major core of many of IP communities.

manpower?
its simple, they saw a problem and took steps to get it corrected.
I am glad they have.

That was the idea when they were all community projects too, and it never happened then, so I doubt it's going to change.

But it still never hurts to have it in a place where people can help.

----------
Anyways IPS

Why not github? Thats a good place for people to start since you can keep track of whose helping and with the pull requests see exactly what a person has changed.
And it's pretty good at merging with existing code(That is once you wrap your head on how to do it properly).

Why not github? Thats a good place for people to start since you can keep track of whose helping and with the pull requests see exactly what a person has changed.

And it's pretty good at merging with existing code(That is once you wrap your head on how to do it properly).

I can't speak for IPS by any means, but I think they would prefer a more curated environment where they can ensure quality--and, more to the point, that someone is actually directly responsible for it.

I can't speak for IPS by any means, but I think they would prefer a more curated environment where they can ensure quality--and, more to the point, that someone is actually directly responsible for it.

You can track every change on github (or git rather)

https://github.com/L.../commits/master
https://github.com/L...e93ea3c990e2d3b

Even when you load a file there's a "blame" page for who's responsible for the last change to that line and what commit it came from

https://github.com/L...Steam_Login.xml

Pull Requests are even more managed since you can communicate with them before it being merged or not.

https://github.com/L...n-Method/pull/7

I would imagine IPS is giving the trusted devs that are working on it guidance so the final product is a cohesive solution that reflects IPS quality.

The last thing you want is 100 chunks of code all mangled together by a random DEV that thought it looked good that day.

I would imagine IPS is giving the trusted devs that are working on it guidance so the final product is a cohesive solution that reflects IPS quality.

The last thing you want is 100 chunks of code all mangled together by a random DEV that thought it looked good that day.

Pretty much, I put the team of developers together based on their skills and code quality.

I think we've got a pretty good team!

P.S., You'll know more when we release 2.1.0.

and this is bad - we want to know what was actually done in developer version before release

This really has nothing to do with this topic. That was simply how the version was configured when it was set up, not something to do with the software itself. I've made it opened to the public.

Just a quick question to the new devs:

How long (you think) you/the team will need to fix all open bugs? We still have at this moment 50x General, 2x Skin, 12x Minimal and 10x Unconfirmed open tracker entrys and (for now with a team of 5 devs) it does not done much at the tracker... I had hoped for more from the "new team"...

• Management

How long (you think) you/the team will need to fix all open bugs? We still have at this moment 50x General, 2x Skin, 12x Minimal and 10x Unconfirmed open tracker entrys and (for now with a team of 5 devs) it does not done much at the tracker... I had hoped for more from the "new team"...

I think it a touch inappropriate to post something like that directed to people volunteering to make something.

We've also fixed over 20 bugs so far and confirmed/investigated countless bug reports, which isn't bad going. Many of the team have been studying hard for exams to further their own careers.

Please also remember that Tracker is a rather complex system behind the scenes.

Archived