SUGGESTION: Notify member when they have been quoted.

xecutey

It's nice to be notified of a new topic in a section or a reply to a topic.

But I think it would be also good to have an option where you can enable to be notified when any member quotes something you have said.

This could be on by default and could see members returning more frequently if they see someone has quoted them and want to check out the response that was direct to them.

I think this would be good to be inbuilt in the next release rather than a modification. Some boards rely a lot on quoted replies in some sections direct to members asking questions.

P.S. also are we also going to be able to SEO tag alt image attachments and also give individual ones relevant related file names as suggested >>> HERE <<<?

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, Nice one :smile:

...is there a SQL Query I can run to turn this feature on forum wide for all members by default?

THX!

P.S. Also is there a way to "save" individual posts of interest in one location to return to later. Kinda like on Reddit where you can "save" interesting posts to return to later from your personal member page. I run a tutorial site and it would be great if members could "save" tutorials they want to return to (or collect for later easy reference) in one location. I know you can subscribe to threads already, but sometimes you just want to store a post to return to, or instant view along with other 'saves' in a list.

Ooh, Nice one :smile:

...is there a SQL Query I can run to turn this feature on forum wide for all members by default?

THX!

P.S. Also is there a way to "save" individual posts of interest in one location to return to later. Kinda like on Reddit where you can "save" interesting posts to return to later from your personal member page. I run a tutorial site and it would be great if members could "save" tutorials they want to return to (or collect for later easy reference) in one location. I know you can subscribe to threads already, but sometimes you just want to store a post to return to, or instant view along with other 'saves' in a list.

You cannot run a query to turn it on for existing members, but you can edit notification preferences for new users under Admin -> Members -> Notification Defaults

You can 'save' posts by clicking the following button at the top of the page. You can follow publicly or anonymously, and choose to receive no notification. In this setup, the posts will then be available under the 'Content I Follow' page (accessible under your username dropdown at the top of the page).

I've never had any use for this feature. My forums are pretty active but we do have a medium sized active community. I just try to keep "forum notifications" down to a bare minimum. I think the forum/topic subscriptions are fine but notifications when you're quoted? I think that's something that should be included when you're actively searching a particular member's content.

Archived