Community

http://thebettingslip.co.uk

Could you tell me how to get rid of <body.content> at the start of every article?

Thanks

o.0
umm.....what is the source url of this feed if you can? that seriously follows not any rss/atom specification.... I fear removing valid text for supporting something not in the specification.... is this an IPB forum export?
(there is a reason there is a bulk-remove tool for these items in the ACP, if I can see the source, or get a bead on what it is doing, I can fix it, and you can remove and reimport... need details to reproduce). Edited by Marcher Technologies

this is not what will be the factual fix, this is a working cludge for in-app(Content Record imports, posts imports, front-end full view, and tutorials imports) while i fight with classRss to do it properly and globally.
admin/applications_addon/other/rss/sources/rssFeeds.php
Line ~171, find:

/* If feed charset doesn't match original, we converted to utf-8 and need to convert back now */

if ( $this->class_rss->doc_type != $this->class_rss->orig_doc_type )

{

$item_data['title'] = IPSText::convertCharsets( $item_data['title'] , "UTF-8", IPS_DOC_CHAR_SET );

$item_data['content'] = IPSText::convertCharsets( $item_data['content'], "UTF-8", IPS_DOC_CHAR_SET );

}

Add after:

$item_data['content'] = str_replace( array('<body.content>', '</body.content>'), '', $item_data['content']);

Save, reupload. Then run:

TRUNCATE rss_app_cards[/code]

from SQL Toolbox, adding prefix if needed. Drop the rss_app_cards cache from System->Tools Settings->Cache Management->RSS Management. Then Use The tools for the relevant application area to remove the imported articles, and recache the import.

Could you do this for me? If not I will wait until you patch the app.

Thanks

by very.... nature of this one it's going to have to do all but

Then Use The tools for the relevant application area to remove the imported articles, and recache the import.

of the non-code-edits above on upgrade(though i'm going to nuke just the feedburner ones, no real need to trunc the table :tongue:).... I can, but if you feel uncomfortable granting acp/ftp info in PM, or are using another app's native imports instead of in-app, it would be best to wait(and disable the import feed)...... fighting with the global classRss hook atm.

you *will* need to visit your acp after upgrade, hit the dropdown on the right if the Import feed you use(Databases?) and click remove imported articles, then recache the feed.
fixed in the reading globally, upgrade will nuke any feedburner url card caches which will dynamically rebuild on view.

Could you do this for me? If not I will wait until you patch the app.

Thanks

if you need me to do the above, feel free, fairly straight-forward procedure.

hi,

i have a problem with the sorting of importet RSS-Feeds in the Article-Database. I import 10 Feeds and the Date is mixing, one newer, one older, an middleold, an newer, an older and so on.

how can i sort the articles from newer to old?

http://www.ringertreff.de/index.html

fixed. the sorting option in the frontpage manager rofl.pngthumbsup.png

well, there is that too, but i felt an override was handy.

if you reupload the app from source(freshly uploaded the change) RSS Import Custom Fields options on the feed.

article_date={time_now};

{time_now}==IPS_UNIX_TIME_NOW, ergo, the timestamp as it is posted vs the source timestamp(note, you can do this with any field by key wink.png ).

Facing a looming, 36 hour deadline before all external widgets that we have used for the past 5 years will be shutting. Working like crazy to convert all the external widgets into ip content blocks.

Had hoped that your app would enable the display of images as well as the description (truncated).

Went through the creation of an rss xml feed block.

chose rss feed.

select no to html

not sure what else to do.

selected the stock template.

shows only the title of the image, a small square to the left that is blank and overwritten with an apostrophe s, and the date of upload and time but no description.

*sign .. it is never every easy, is it?

thanks for any thoughts you have.

Facing a looming, 36 hour deadline before all external widgets that we have used for the past 5 years will be shutting. Working like crazy to convert all the external widgets into ip content blocks.

Had hoped that your app would enable the display of images as well as the description (truncated).

Went through the creation of an rss xml feed block.

chose rss feed.

select no to html

not sure what else to do.

selected the stock template.

shows only the title of the image, a small square to the left that is blank and overwritten with an apostrophe s, and the date of upload and time but no description.

*sign .. it is never every easy, is it?

thanks for any thoughts you have.

the data is there... i just cannot know what it is, this is not the Rss Library, *everything* is sucked in, it IS there.

do a :

{parse template="include_highlighter" group="global" params="1"}
<pre class='prettyprint' style='height:600px;'>
{parse expression="var_export($records, true)"}
</pre>

at the very top of the block to see the data set you work with.

okay, I see it all. thanks so much.

question: can I change the headings for each of the data elements? example: instead of current display indicating author, I would like to change it to the word contributor ...or is that simply what you get from the RSS feed?

or is that simply what you get from the RSS feed?

Correct, those are the array keys by which you access that data by $r within the <foreach loop="$records as $r">.

Example:

<if test="is_array($records) && count($records)">
<foreach loop="$records as $r">
{$r['author']}
</foreach>
</if>

can I change the headings for each of the data elements?

And this is why providing full template help is impossible for such a feed, I have no clue fully what is in that data set, the need was to suck it all in, versus what the rss library does with missing data, which is likely why you use said feed.

I normalize the title, url, date, and content(if any) the rest.... IDK what is in that source XML, beyond the basic format(Feed 'Content Type') I require in configuration. :unsure:

okay, thanks for the info. now would I look to a block template to do two very separate things:

1. show only the latest item in a feed, from an aggregated xml feed of you tube videos pulled from a number of sources ... so it would be horizontal rectangle ipc block and you would see the same thing you see if you embedded a you tube video in a topic or a blog but this would be dynamic, so depending on the rss refresh frequency ... if you came back to a certain static non-ipb web page every 5 hours, you would see a new video displayed in the block, and you would click on it to watch it ...

(hey it's Christmas right? I can ask for anything?....)

2. in displaying the images from a feed, would it be possible to build/showcase an external block that had 4 images displayed (2 upper row and 2 lower row), and you use a slider to go left or right to see more?

thanks

Brian

okay, thanks for the info. now would I look to a block template to do two very separate things:

1. show only the latest item in a feed, from an aggregated xml feed of you tube videos pulled from a number of sources ... so it would be horizontal rectangle ipc block and you would see the same thing you see if you embedded a you tube video in a topic or a blog but this would be dynamic, so depending on the rss refresh frequency ... if you came back to a certain static non-ipb web page every 5 hours, you would see a new video displayed in the block, and you would click on it to watch it ...

(hey it's Christmas right? I can ask for anything?....)

2. in displaying the images from a feed, would it be possible to build/showcase an external block that had 4 images displayed (2 upper row and 2 lower row), and you use a slider to go left or right to see more?

thanks

Brian

give me links, i'll toy with the images... yt is easy enough, but the images i actually have 0 clue what array key i would use.....

Everytime I set one up it imports all topics into 1.

I'm guessing the setting I need to change is:

"Topic To Import to:"

I want it to create a new topic for each topic imported, but not sure what value to put in there?

Everytime I set one up it imports all topics into 1.

I'm guessing the setting I need to change is:

"Topic To Import to:"

I want it to create a new topic for each topic imported, but not sure what value to put in there?

If you wish to create a new topic for every item, the native IPB RSS Import will do so, and with my hook in play, will process ATOM feeds as well.

If there is a reason that does not fit the bill, state it.

If you wish to create a new topic for every item, the native IPB RSS Import will do so, and with my hook in play, will process ATOM feeds as well.

If there is a reason that does not fit the bill, state it.

Can you explain this more. I want to make sure this plugin will solve the problem I am having with IPB RSS imports. The formatting looks bad since I upgraded to 3.4. I want each import to be a new topic and I would like it to display nicely without a bunch of code. Are you saying that I should use IPB RSS import so that each import is a new topic and then also use your plugin and that somehow your plugin and the RSS Import communicate so that now I can import ATOM feeds into the IPB RSS import?