Community

first i would like to say epic mod

i would like to ask is there a way to do the below

Increase the max imported feeds i get the below allot

RSS Import(s) Recached!

Also

Is there a way for the system to automatically chose an image as the article image, alot of my feeds only have one image and i would like this to be the article image.

last thing

Is there a possibility in the future for this to be able to import an xml feed through a REST web service call?

Thanks
Ben

first i would like to say epic mod

i would like to ask is there a way to do the below

Increase the max imported feeds i get the below allot

You should be able to control the maximum imported feeds per go on every import type.

RSS Import(s) Recached!

Also

Is there a way for the system to automatically chose an image as the article image, alot of my feeds only have one image and i would like this to be the article image.
Viably, I am looking at doing the same dynamic replacement i do for the local data with the retrieved data in the Field Extra options input.
last thing

Is there a possibility in the future for this to be able to import an xml feed through a REST web service call?
That's factually what it already does, in essence.... I am including a content feed block for further needs next version.
Thanks
Ben

I have been having problems with the import update task. It is not adding new items. It is running every 30 minutes. The only time I can get new records from the feed is by running a manual refresh. Even tried uninstalling and uploading 1.0.4 to see if the upgrade had caused an issue. I am trying so far to import records into IPC databases.

if a different import type(say forum topics) works, I know the issue and have it patched locally, working on an update.... also adding some heavy logging methods to help pinpoint what is going on in any further oddities by a quick switch of IPS_LOG_ALL, which should mean one can just use a contants.php edit quickly to get it to give feedback on what is going on.

I believe the above should now be resolved... and if not it should be blatantly obvious where it is going left in any part of the system with a minor single constants addition.

Version 1.0.5

Fixed a bug regarding Content tags in the import code.

Fixed a strict mode issue on 'new(literally)' hovercard insert.

Added Import Debug logging to the code only triggered when the IPS_LOG_ALL is on to allow more precise debugging of the tasks should the need arise.

Added an XML IP.Content Feed Block with 2 Content Types, RSS and ATOM, the RSS library is not used here to attempt to give the user the full data set pulled from the feed.

I have it log to separate files per area as tasks... well, I couldn't reproduce it locally as a guest with the task locked running on every load(it imported), but I knew a bit of code I needed to fix in that area.... so here is hoping we don't need to use them :smile:

very strange, upgraded to 1.0.5 and will load initially but will still not update to content databases and the forum one is not updating as well. Is it possible something is wrong with the scheduler on my setup?

very strange, upgraded to 1.0.5 and will load initially but will still not update to content databases and the forum one is not updating as well. Is it possible something is wrong with the scheduler on my setup?

... ok, fun. I could not reproduce this locally on 3.3.4 either, I run no imports manually, and let the task run the imports always(I would go right up a wall batty if I had to do manual refresh). [*]All else failing, put this code in your constants.php file:
  1. [*]Board requires activity(or properly configured crontab), if nobody is viewing the board and you are not using cron, no Task CAN run, if you are using cron, double-check the configs of it and that other tasks run. [*]
http://www.marchertech.com/

define('IPS_LOG_ALL', TRUE);

And post the output of the rss*task+.cgi files, where * is the failing content type, and + is the log type(valid logging file types are last, fail, and log(log of feed import native id's marked for import in a task run) ). So, rssccstasklog.cgi and rssccstasklast.cgi would be helpful here.

rssccstasklog.cgi contents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Time: 1343601741 / Sun, 29 Jul 2012 22:42:21 +0000

> URL: /forum/index.php?app=core&module=task

> RSS Content Task Rows - Time: 1343601741 - Running Time: 0.26 ms

array (

0 => '1',

)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Time: 1343603546 / Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:12:26 +0000

> URL: /forum/index.php?app=core&module=task

> RSS Content Task Rows - Time: 1343603545 - Running Time: 0.15 ms

array (

0 => '1',

)

rssforums.cgi

> Time: 1343447303 / Sat, 28 Jul 2012 03:48:23 +0000

> URL: /forum/admin/index.php?adsess=87ba47d6a895b19d94fb88c27bee7807&app=rss&module=import&section=topics&do=rssimport_edit_save&rss_app_id=2

> RSS Posts Last Import Failed

array (

'title' => 'Olesen keeping chasing pack at bay',

'link' => 'http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2012/tournamentid=2012054/news/newsid=168830.html#olesen+keeping+chasing+pack',

'description' => 'Thorbjørn Olesen produced a steady rather than spectacular front nine to maintain his lead during the third round of the Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity at Diamond Country Club.',

'content' => 'Thorbjørn Olesen produced a steady rather than spectacular front nine to maintain his lead during the third round of the Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity at Diamond Country Club.',

'creator' => '',

'date' => 'Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:50:36 GMT',

'unixdate' => 1343404236,

'category' => 'Competitions',

'guid' => '348527806173a9e18904a1fefe381dd5',

)

rssforums.cgi is pre-upgrade..... not relevant, feel free to delete that file, was only logging failures... though it is concerning that fails at all.
'description' is the source feed item untouched, 'content' is it ran through character conversion as needed(why content matches where description is gibberish) and is what is actually used... that should not fail, but is again, not a file this application creates anymore.
It is finding rows to run for content.
need rssccstasklast.cgi, rsstopicstasklast.cgi and rsstopicstaskfail.cgi please.
Or, what would help more if possible and allow me to directly test it locally, give me the feed source url.

rsstasklast.cgi

> Time: 1343605821 / Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:50:21 +0000

> URL: /forum/admin/index.php?adsess=8b79c0979adce72010a32aba6e2518bc&app=rss&module=import&section=databases&do=rssimport_edit_save&rss_app_id=1

> RSS Content Task Last Row

array (

'member_id' => '1',

'record_saved' => 1343599070,

'record_updated' => 1343599070,

'record_pinned' => '0',

'record_locked' => '0',

'record_approved' => '1',

'category_id' => 124,

'post_key' => '830dad6160d1c0a5fbe63c43a7f5e204',

'field_1' => 'PGA Tour News Kohles takes 54-hole lead at NCHI',

'field_2' => 'COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ben Kohles still hasn't finished his first week as a professional golfer but the 22-year old All-American from Virginia has shown all the calm of a seasoned veteran at the Nationwide Children's Hospital Invitational. Kohles fired a 4-under 67 on Saturday to erase a four-shot deficit and move into first place heading into the final round of the Web.com Tour's second-richest tournament.<br /><br />[url=http://www.pgatour.com/2012/tournaments/h094/07/28/rd3-recap/index.html]View the full article[/url]',

'field_3' => 1343599070,

'field_4' => 0,

'field_6' => ',1,',

'field_7' => '1',

'field_8' => 'rss/0ff3ee0efb0f0131977289140f12e737_rss.png',

'primary_id_field' => 400,

)

Currently there is not a rsstopicstasklast or rsstopicstaskfail present.

Feed url: http://www.pgatour.com/rss/top_stories.rss

rsstasklast.cgi

> Time: 1343605821 / Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:50:21 +0000

> URL: /forum/admin/index.php?adsess=8b79c0979adce72010a32aba6e2518bc&app=rss&module=import&section=databases&do=rssimport_edit_save&rss_app_id=1

> RSS Content Task Last Row

array (

'member_id' => '1',

'record_saved' => 1343599070,

'record_updated' => 1343599070,

'record_pinned' => '0',

'record_locked' => '0',

'record_approved' => '1',

'category_id' => 124,

'post_key' => '830dad6160d1c0a5fbe63c43a7f5e204',

'field_1' => 'PGA Tour News Kohles takes 54-hole lead at NCHI',

'field_2' => 'COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ben Kohles still hasn't finished his first week as a professional golfer but the 22-year old All-American from Virginia has shown all the calm of a seasoned veteran at the Nationwide Children's Hospital Invitational. Kohles fired a 4-under 67 on Saturday to erase a four-shot deficit and move into first place heading into the final round of the Web.com Tour's second-richest tournament.<br /><br />[url=http://www.pgatour.com/2012/tournaments/h094/07/28/rd3-recap/index.html]View the full article[/url]',

'field_3' => 1343599070,

'field_4' => 0,

'field_6' => ',1,',

'field_7' => '1',

'field_8' => 'rss/0ff3ee0efb0f0131977289140f12e737_rss.png',

'primary_id_field' => 400,

)

Currently there is not a rsstopicstasklast or rsstopicstaskfail present.

Feed url: http://www.pgatour.c...top_stories.rss

kk, will test url locally, BTW, that > URL: /forum/index.php?app=core&module=task
Is the only one task initiated, so the above is likely you saving the feed refreshing the file.

That specific feed, added disabled in the acp for content record imports, then enabled from the listing(avoiding any ACP refresh for certainty) Imports via task fine locally.
That task also appears to run on your install.... :unsure:
Show me your configuration of the feed from ACP Form.

Ok... Check your archives, firstly, ensure it is ACTUALLY not importing.
The time-stamp, it imports as, if not past the current time, is The ORIGINAL Feed item publish time... this means it CAN be backdate imported, as they are not pinned, I suspect they are in the archives as a result.

It does look like they are going into archives. I am going to watch it further. Sorry for the double post, don't know what happened there.

If you desire they be on the front-page, or need adjust any field default.
RSS Import Custom Fields: Use it.

article_homepage=,1,;

Would force show on front-page to yes.
Also, now we know.... is WAI, while keeping an eye is good, remove/comment the constant, there need really be no need to log it all when appears to be WAI.

Thanks for the reminder on the front page flag, had totally forgotten about that one. Set that. I think everything should work out well now. Will ge great to really start working with this add on now that I am getting the hang of getting it setup properly. Has a lot of potential for my site.