Community

Pete T

Top X Stats

That is the only error it throws for anonymous viewer of forum. I have other stat plugins that do not break on anonymous view (and yes I tested your plugin/hook by itself without the others installed or enabled), so this is an issue with this specific hook. I just PM you (I know you don't like the private message, but I didn't read your reply until after I had already responded). Anyways, the PM has login details so you can see for yourself how this hook is behaving. Thank-you.

And I need to see the full database error which will show whatever reason it is that it is causing it. Can you please post it? I have asked you twice about it now and I have not received any response yet.

About private messages, I would like to keep this here in the support topic where it belongs and not in private. Thank you for your understanding.

And I need to see the full database error which will show whatever reason it is that it is causing it. Can you please post it? I have asked you twice about it now and I have not received any response yet.

About private messages, I would like to keep this here in the support topic where it belongs and not in private. Thank you for your understanding.

Did you read what I posted? Again, that is all it shows, no more database error info. Again, I PMed you because there were private login credentials which you requested, which I will NOT post publicly. Again, can you please confirm that you are able to login with the PMed admin credentials to see for yourself the error? I don't know where it's breaking and the database error you see I posted is all I can see.

Again, not sure what you're on about with "free private support", this hook is broken, I don't need support, I just need it to work. I've never had this issue with any other hook, there is something fundamentally wrong with it, and saying that 5 people installed it without issue is hardly a large enough sample to declare this hook is bug-free. Why is it rated 3 stars if it works so well?

Did you read what I posted? Again, that is all it shows, no more database error info. Again, I PMed you because there were private login credentials which you requested, which I will NOT post publicly. Again, can you please confirm that you are able to login with the PMed admin credentials to see for yourself the error? I don't know where it's breaking and the database error you see I posted is all I can see.

Again, not sure what you're on about with "free private support", this hook is broken, I don't need support, I just need it to work. I've never had this issue with any other hook, there is something fundamentally wrong with it, and saying that 5 people installed it without issue is hardly a large enough sample to declare this hook is bug-free. Why is it rated 3 stars if it works so well?

Oh yeah, I read your posts but it looks like you are not reading mine. You claim that my hook is causing the database error and yet you do not post the full database error message that it will show the real cause of the error. If I see that it is really my hook that it is causing it then I can take further steps. If you do not know where to get the full database error message then do a search of the forums here on how to do that as it is explained many times or start a topic in the support area here. And after you figure that out, come back and post it here.

Until then there is nothing I can do. It is not my responsibility to check the error log for you nor to tell you how to do that. Unless you can pay me for the extra work.

And there is nothing fundamentally wrong with my hook. And it is not 5 people that are using it btw but over 30 and no one has reported a database error so far.

And by free support I meant about responding to your pm's. All issues that you encounter with this hook you must post them here and not contact me in private.

About the star rating it had several one star ratings since before it was purchased. Which it came from people that do not like that others can earn a buck with their work but want to get everything for free.

Wow, ok dude, calm down. I'm not one of the people that gave you 1 star. I'm what you call a paying customer. I'm not going to get into a shouting match with you. So, here is your error log:

Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:30:11 +0000
Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY topics+posts DESC LIMIT 0,5' at line 1
IP Address: 76.116.100.244 - /forums/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM forums WHERE inc_postcount = 1 AND id in() ORDER BY topics+posts DESC LIMIT 0,5
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| File | Function | Line No. |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
| admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php | [topxstats_bottom].getOutput | 3728 |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php | [output].templateHooks | 2925 |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| admin/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/boards.php | [output].sendOutput | 124 |
| admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_forums_forums_boards].doExecute | 306 |

Issue fixed. The problem is related to group permissions. If your guest users are not allowed to view any forums or topics, the hook will not be able to generate the stats. This also apply's to other group permissions. If you have "premium" or "gold" members, and forums locked down to those upper permissions, the lower level users, like guests, anonymous or just members will not be able to see stats from the those other forums.

Issue fixed. The problem is related to group permissions. If your guest users are not allowed to view any forums or topics, the hook will not be able to generate the stats. This also apply's to other group permissions. If you have "premium" or "gold" members, and forums locked down to those upper permissions, the lower level users, like guests, anonymous or just members will not be able to see stats from the those other forums.

Glad to hear that you got it solved and thank you for your update.

However let me add that this was specific to your forum only due to the circumstances you had with the permissions and it is not a standard thing.

Hi,

I upgradet my board to 3.4.3.
Since TOP poster at only 2 are shown.
In the version 3.4.2, it was still the fifth

For me its new members, it only shows 3 then white space.

There is not any significant changes in this new release that would cause the mod to disfunction. Can you try to un-install and re-install it again?

Quick question. On the left column where it says "New Users", is there a way to have it show only New Users from a select group, like lets says new Gold or Elite Members? I think I found the area in the hook where this could be defined, I just need to know what term or ID to use to differentiate from all groups to just a select group:

//Get the newest users
		$this->DB->build ( array( 'select'	=> 'm.member_id, m.members_display_name, m.member_group_id, m.members_seo_name, m.joined',
							  'from'			=> array( 'members' => 'm' ),
							  'where'   		=> 'm.member_banned = 0', 
							  'group'           => 'm.member_id',
							  'order'			=> 'm.joined DESC',
							  'limit'  => array( 0, $this->settings['stats_nr'] ),
							  'add_join'		=> array(
														array( 
																'select'	=> 'pp.*',
																'from'		=> array( 'profile_portal' => 'pp' ),
																'where'		=> 'pp.pp_member_id=m.member_id',
																'type'		=> 'left'
															),	
														)
						    )	);

$this->DB->execute();

Just to note as a admin It displays well (missing two new members) but as a regular member more becomes missing. I believe this is an IPS bug but I would appreciate the dev trying to notify them if so. I will only get "it's not IPS's responsibility" despite it mostly being a bug.

Nena,

I've uninstalled and tried various things, it seems that it makes the issues worse and I can respect that your busy but I hope you may find time to update us, whilst looking into these concerns. I really love the hook, I think with a couple of extra features it would be a very popular mod and it's one I would ideally love to have displayed on my community.

Thanks

Nena,

I've uninstalled and tried various things, it seems that it makes the issues worse and I can respect that your busy but I hope you may find time to update us, whilst looking into these concerns. I really love the hook, I think with a couple of extra features it would be a very popular mod and it's one I would ideally love to have displayed on my community.

Thanks

Do you mind to pm your forum admin login and ftp info so I can check the issue directly at your forum?

Do you mind to pm your forum admin login and ftp info so I can check the issue directly at your forum?

I've sent details apart from the fpt, I don't like passing this on due to issues in the past but if required I may. I'm hopeful you'll be able to resolve or locate the issue without needing it.

-edit-

I think the bug/issue may be time related? I say this because if I have say 3 registers in one day, the new members will show 5 if 2 others have joined recently. I've only had one recent post showing for awhile, I've now got 4 and all 4 was made recently, can't say this is the reason for sure but it's something I've picked up. Could the template have issues?

I've sent details apart from the fpt, I don't like passing this on due to issues in the past but if required I may. I'm hopeful you'll be able to resolve or locate the issue without needing it.

-edit-

I think the bug/issue may be time related? I say this because if I have say 3 registers in one day, the new members will show 5 if 2 others have joined recently. I've only had one recent post showing for awhile, I've now got 4 and all 4 was made recently, can't say this is the reason for sure but it's something I've picked up. Could the template have issues?

It could be. However I am buffeled as to why it happened in the first place because there was nothing of significance changed in 3.4.3 that might cause these kind of issues.

I received your pm and I will check it out shortly at your forum.

It looks like there is something in 3.4.3. that it is causing the issue. Maybe an unkown bug because coding wise everything is fine with the mod and there is nothing that should cause the mentioned issues.

It ooks like something in Ipb 3.4.3 is causing a disruption but I can not track the issue down. Because coding wise nothing has changed to cause the mod to not work.

Can you try to do a re-cache and see if it makes a differences?