Top X Stats

File name: Top X Stats
Submitter: Pete T
Submitted: 03/07/2012
Category: Utilities
Demo :
Discussion URL :
Supported Versions: 0
Support Info : Support is provided in the support topic.

I just coded this for a customer of mine. Anyway, This will show a box with x number of stats at the top and/or bottom board index. The stats that will show are as follow:

1) Newest Users

2) Top Posters

3) Top Forums

4) Most Recent Posts

Install the hook.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel and then to configure it go to System Settings where you will see a new setting called NenaDice. Click on it and configure the hook to your needs.

There you can deside where you want the hook to appear, at the top and/or the bottom of the forum, choose the position where to display it, enter the title for the Top X Stats Box, set the number of stats that you would like to show and choose the group/s that you want to restrict from viewing the Top X Stats Box.
And as last but not least you can exclude posts from a certain forum/forums from showing.

View File

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't work. Nothing appears on forum, enabled, tried re-caching skins... nothing. (3.2.3)

Edit: Nevermind. "Restricted Groups" should be named "Excluded Groups" because I thought it was restricting to the groups I've selected rather than the other way round.

Doesn't work. Nothing appears on forum, enabled, tried re-caching skins... nothing. (3.2.3)

Edit: Nevermind. "Restricted Groups" should be named "Excluded Groups" because I thought it was restricting to the groups I've selected rather than the other way round.

Do you mean that when you chose a group at the Restricted Groups setting, it allowed them to view the Top X Stats Box instead of blocking it? That is very strange because doing that should do the opposite. I use this hook on a live forum and the group settings works as described. Also while testing the hook I never reproduced that.

Do you mean that when you chose a group at the Restricted Groups setting, it allowed them to view the Top X Stats Box instead of blocking it? That is very strange because doing that should do the opposite. I use this hook on a live forum and the group settings works as described. Also while testing the hook I never reproduced that.

If I only want to show it to admins, I needed to select all the other groups except admin.

If I only want to show it to admins, I needed to select all the other groups except admin.

Thank you for your reply. I had another look at this on 2 different servers, one on a live forum and one on a freshly new installed and to me the groups restriction settings appeared fine.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have two questions. First, can I display it at the bottom of my index page rather than at the top? And also, is it possible to remove the "Top Forums" from the list, so I only display "Newest Users", "Top Posters" and "Recent Posts"?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, I have two questions. First, can I display it at the bottom of my index page rather than at the top? And also, is it possible to remove the "Top Forums" from the list, so I only display "Newest Users", "Top Posters" and "Recent Posts"?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hello,

Currently it displays on the top. You can choose to display it on all pages or at the forum index only.

Yes, you can remove the Top Forums list from displaying.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hi,

give any other solution? My shoutbox I would not delete because I have a lot installed,

I did not say to delete it but a uninstall-reinstall scenario. Anyway, other than that I am afraid that I do not have any other suggestion for you. Because as I already said above, I am not familiar with the shoutbox mod.

• 4 months later...

Please consider adding this to the bottom half of the index page, directly above the who's online. I know in previous versions in the past, it was hard for the stats to be located anywhere but the bottom but I installed a plugin that displayed above the who's online that didn't look right. This would however

Please consider adding this to the bottom half of the index page, directly above the who's online. I know in previous versions in the past, it was hard for the stats to be located anywhere but the bottom but I installed a plugin that displayed above the who's online that didn't look right. This would however

I just updated the mod with the extra option to have it show at the bottom of the forum as well as on top. You can decide to show it on both position either separately or both.

Also the Top X Stats Box is collapsible/toggleable.

Just bought the plugin and there appears to be 2 critical errors:

1) When a non logged in user views the page this comes up:

Screenshot: QF06EQY.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="220">

2) With some of the user avatars your code seems to selectively be trying to pull a gravatar icon instead:

Screenshot: qzFrtBy.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="466">

Broken image source in code: http://microcapclub.com/forums/uploads/http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/bac1046c1af86f8aaea2fbbd545d0a69?s=100

Working image source in code:

Just bought the plugin and there appears to be 2 critical errors:

1) When a non logged in user views the page this comes up:

Screenshot:

2) With some of the user avatars your code seems to selectively be trying to pull a gravatar icon instead:

Screenshot:

Broken image source in code: http://microcapclub.com/forums/uploads/http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/bac1046c1af86f8aaea2fbbd545d0a69?s=100

Working image source in code:

About the database error that you showed in the screenshot, can you please post here the full error message? Can you also post the link to your forum as well?

About the gravatar thing, my mod pulls whatever picture the users have uploaded in their profiles. If no avatar is chosen that it shows the Ipb's standard default one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About the database error that you showed in the screenshot, can you please post here the full error message? Can you also post the link to your forum as well?

About the gravatar thing, my mod pulls whatever picture the users have uploaded in their profiles. If no avatar is chosen that it shows the Ipb's standard default one.

Here is the screenshot of the database error:

msg-218031-0-35691300-1361550217_thumb.p

That is the general database error message which does not say anything at all. I need to see the full precise database error message like I mentioned previously as well.

That is the only error it throws for anonymous viewer of forum. I have other stat plugins that do not break on anonymous view (and yes I tested your plugin/hook by itself without the others installed or enabled), so this is an issue with this specific hook. I just PM you (I know you don't like the private message, but I didn't read your reply until after I had already responded). Anyways, the PM has login details so you can see for yourself how this hook is behaving. Thank-you.

Archived