[HQ] Users Wall Of Fame

InvisionHQ

%7Boption%7D

File Name: [HQ] Users Wall Of Fame

File Submitter: InvisionHQ

File Submitted: 07 Mar 2012

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

I just made this for a client of mine who wanted to try a new approach to boost the activity at his forum by giving prizes to those who made it to the Wall Of Fame for a certain period of time.

Anyway, this will show your most active and popular users at the top and/or bottom board index based on the following criterias:

1) Daily Posters

2) Weekly Posters

3) Monthly Posters

4) Overall Top Posters

5) Most Liked Users (based on the number of likes that they have received.

Install the hook.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel and then to configure it go to System Settings where you will see a new setting called NenaDice.
Click on it and configure the hook to your needs. There you can choose where to show the Users Walk Of Fame Box, at the top or bottom of board index. Choose the page position where to display it.
Enter the title for the Walk of Fame Box, set the number of users that you would like to show and choose the group/s that you want to restrict from viewing the Walk Of Fame Box.

You can also exclude members of a group/s from appearing at the Walk Of Fame Wall.

Compatible with 3.4.x as well.

here to download this file

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

nice hook!!

i´m pretty sure about the answer; just to clarify:

Users posts will only count if post is approved, means all other IPB permission stuff is not bypassed but maintained?
(e.g. user posts spam/ inappropriate -> post is deleted and/or not approved by admin -> post count is not increased, so will not make it onto the wall?)

Thank you,
t

Hello,

nice hook!!

i´m pretty sure about the answer; just to clarify:

Users posts will only count if post is approved, means all other IPB permission stuff is not bypassed but maintained?

(e.g. user posts spam/ inappropriate -> post is deleted and/or not approved by admin -> post count is not increased, so will not make it onto the wall?)

Thank you,

t

Hi there,

That is correct. If a post or posts that an user made for the day for example, were deleted then those posts will not count. The same goes for the weekly and monthly posts.

The moderated posts however did count in the first version. But I just updated the mod and added the option that the moderated posts of an user will not count too.

How do I reposition the Walk of Fame so that it's at the bottom of the forums? (for example)

I've purchased it but I would also like to know if it is possible to position it below the forum categories.

I added an option now at the hook 's Acp Settings where you can show the Users Walk Of Fame Box at the top and/or bottom index. You can choose to show it seperately or at both positions. Please re-download the new pckage.

Thank you for your purchases :smile:

I like the concept. With the upcoming release of 3.3 in the very near future will this work with it?

I am not up to speed with the changes made in 3.3x, so I can not say if it wil work with that version on not. But I do plan to upgrade my paid mods with the newer upcoming version/versions if they will not work and will need changes to be compatible with the new version/versions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very happy with this hook!

Thank you Nina!!

Steph40 :smile:

Glad to hear that you like it Steph40. Thank you for your business :smile:

A feature request. Can this be made available in the sidebar. We only want to show the top monthly poster and that too in the sidebar. Keeping at the bottom occupies unnecessary space.

I can make it as a custom job for you. Pm if interested.

• 3 months later...

Glad to hear that you like it Steph40. Thank you for your business :smile:

I am having a small issue when I load the social group application page: the wall of fame loads on side under the group navigation insted of at the botton of the page.

Pic attached

forgot the pic lol

Does the same with iarcade. puts the wall under sidebar.

Yep,

Screenshot is 2 or 3 post before lol and the website is on my sig. Or here: www.enseignercpartager.org/accueil.html

Here is a link to the group app : http://www.enseignercpartager.org/groups/
and to Iarcade: http://www.enseignercpartager.org/iArcade/

AH! iarcade seems fine today :)
But not group :(

Archived