Show all comments by a certain member

T3XT3

I thought, the new comment system, which was establiahed last year, is a centralized one...

For me it would suffice, that I can sort out the blog comments per member. I mean, you can't even search for comments by a certain user in a certain application :( At least that is something IP should add as a standard feature!

It uses a standard class that each application can extend, but they don't all go into the same tables; each app defines its own table and column names to hold the comments. So while an app could be made that would pull all of these and display them, it can't be done with just a single SQL query of a central database table.

For me it would suffice, that I can sort out the blog comments per member. I mean, you can't even search for comments by a certain user in a certain application :sad: At least that is something IP should add as a standard feature!

Yes you can.

Go to a user's profile, click "Find Content"
Click "Blog" in left hand sidebar
Click "Comments" in left hand filter bar after page loads

Here are yours on this site:

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=blog&mid=121369&userMode=all&search_app_filters[searchInKey]=comments

No, you can't...

Have you tried this with your own comments?

There are shown every comment from every member to your blog entries, but not the comments only you have made. Which is pretty useless...

hrmm... double-checking now... I swear I reported the bbcodes not parsing there as a bug. :logik:
agreed on your point... what precisely is the use of viewing all comments made on the users blog, rather than the user's blog comments?
How is that even "my" content?

Actually, I'm inclined to agree - that is a bug. That's not how it is supposed to be working. You'll notice if you go to Marketplace -> Reviews (for instance), it shows your comments, not comments people have made to your files.

"My Content" should be showing the content belonging to that user.

I would recommend filing a bug report in the blog category. Once it is fixed, then you'll have what you are after.

Archived