Deviant

DustinRyan

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Deviant

File Submitter: DustinRyan

File Submitted: 27 Feb 2012

File Category: Themed Skins

Supported Versions: IP.Blog 2.6.x, IP.Board 3.4.x, IP.Calendar 3.3.x, IP.Chat 1.4.x, IP.Content 2.3.x, IP.Downloads 2.5.x, IP.Gallery 5.0.x, IP.Nexus 1.5.x

Carrying on the iconic color scheme it has been known for, Deviant 3 brings back the blue, green, and purple colors many have loved in this free, dark skin. It's a skin that breaks away from the dull and boring grey and black dark skins, and brought back the multi-colored schemes that have given Deviant a cult following. It's great for any gaming, fantasy, or general purpose forums!

Supported add-ons: Calendar, Blogs, Gallery, Downloads, Nexus, Content, and Chat.

*FREE Mobile Skin Included*

Note: If you wish to download this skin for IPB 3.3.4 instead of IPB 3.4, download version 3.1.6 from the "previous versions" box on the right!

here to download this file

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a wonderful skin. It's actually the default one I use on my site and my community loves it. However, a couple things I have to point out is:

1. I, for the life of me, can't seem to get the mobile skin provided to work. It won't let me change the default IP.Board Mobile skin key.
2. When I set it as my skin and try to use the ckeditor in the ACP, I get this:
%7Boption%7D
It only shows up in the ACP. Posting on the forums shows it all fine.

1. IPS has hidden the skin set key (why? I have no idea). Are you familiar with using Firebug (Firefox) or Developer Tools (Chrome)? You'll need one of those in order to change it, now. If not, PM me a link to your board and an admin login and I'll take care of it for you.

2. I've heard of that happening to some people. I think it may have something to do with the fact that the ACP uses the editor on whatever skin you choose to look at the board with (really not sure why, considering the ACP has a different skin than the front end). And the editor for dark skins has to be retooled so that it uses dark backgrounds in the text area on the board so it matches the rest of the skin. However, doing this, must somehow conflict with the ACP. The only solution I can think of unless IPS utilizes the editor better in the ACP and keeps it separate from the board, or just fixes the fact that the current editor by default isn't made to work on dark skins, is to revert the editor and either deal with the editor having a white background for the text area, or dealing with the editor icons not appearing correctly in the ACP. I agree, it's wonky and needs to be fixed, but I don't really know what the alternatives are.

IPS uses a 3rd party editor. So skinning it is VERY limited, therefore, some trickery has to be done in order for the editor to be dark on dark skins, which is what I believe results in what you see in your ACP.

Okay... got number 1 sorted. Just need to figure out a way to make the site load the forums app as a default on mobile as opposed to the CCS app, which is loaded by default on desktop.

As for number 2, yeah... it's a bit of an annoyance. I'm fine with having a white background, I just want the icons to load. =P

Do you see this when logged in as well?

EDIT: I can't duplicate your problem on my end. I know a quick fix for solving your problem, but your board is the only one I've seen it occur on, but the solution for you would be to hide the purple bar below the maintitle, which would put everything back into place. But it's not needed on my end, which is really odd. Have you tried running the template tools?

Does this happen when you are logged in?

Have you tried re-importing the skin? I still can't even figure out how to duplicate the problem on my end.

Do you have any mods installed that affect anything related to forum or index view?

It happens when logged in as well. I'll just try reimporting the skin.

As for mods, no. The only one I've done that modifies board/forum view is to change the forum icons to have their own individual icon based on what their forum ID is. But again, that's only a slight edit, and it didn't mess with that part of the template.

Let me know if re-importing helps. If not, try reverting that modification that you mentioned to see if it is the cause. If all else fails, I can make an edit to your board that will fix the problem, but remove the purple bar below the maintitle in forum view only.

Hi

I just upgraded my board to 3.3.2 and then installed your skin v3.1.2

If I try and activate the skin from the board drop down menu, I get a totally white page, the only way to get the forums back is to log into the ACP and manually reset my account skin choice to the default one.

Can you think why this is happening?

Thanks.

Edit some php files in a cache folder were not writeable for some reason, oce I chmod them, everyting was ok.

Let me know if re-importing helps. If not, try reverting that modification that you mentioned to see if it is the cause. If all else fails, I can make an edit to your board that will fix the problem, but remove the purple bar below the maintitle in forum view only.

Sorry it took so long. I've been busy with work and stuff... but I tried reimporting, and it still shows the same issue.

:(

Well, I don't know why it's different for your board. I have tried every way I could to see if I could cause the same problem to happen on my end, but can't. The only thing I can think of doing at this point is making an edit on your board to hide the purple bar in forum view, which would fix your problem, but remove the purple bar in forum view of course.

• 5 weeks later...

To change the text link color, look for the following in ipb_styles.css:

a {

color: #6AA3A8;

}

Change the hex to the color you want. And be sure to change the hover color right below it as well. For changing the regular text color, find:

html, body {

color: #AAB2B8;

}

Change that color to the new text color you want.

Archived