Download: [VN32] Sticky Message

VAHID

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Great hook. If you view a file listing in IP.Downloads and your sticky message includes a underlining, or a URL, etc, the actual markup shows inside the sticky (only when viewing a file listing).

Not a deal breaker, just an FYI. I reverted to my stock IP.Downloads template and the problem persists. I'm still using the hook though and really like it.

post-208680-0-85517500-1332007337_thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some user groups that I'd rather not bother with the red message, because they've written so many posts and contributed so much to the site... so it would be nice if, for version 3, that wasone of the variables: do not display this message if user has written more than xx number of messages.

Anyway, awesome mod! ;)

Silly question, but what links should be used within the hook if one wishes to hyperlink the register / logon text?

You can just sign out so you're viewing the forum as a guest. Then click the Login and Register links and copy that url.

Keep in mind to set the sticky to only display for "Guests" otherwise your members might be like "Why does this thing say Login when I am already logged in?".

looks like you already figured it out :)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be nice if you could add a small X to close the message. While this look very nice and very useful, it will annoy the hell out of people because it cannot be close.

Try this below:

in VNStickyGlobalMessage.html

Add

<script type="text/javascript"> 

document.onclick=check; 

function check(e){ 

var target = (e && e.target) || (event && event.srcElement); 

var obj = document.getElementById('stickymsg'); 

if(target!=obj){obj.style.display='none'} 

} 

</script> 

This is not a close X button, but its close when click,

VAHID, thanks! Beautiful hook!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

There's a bug with this during the registration process, when I created a test account the formatting goes pear shaped when you hit the validation screen. It renders as a square, the links and text just show weirdly. I should of took a screenshot!!

Your site registration is messed up. I tried to message you via your site but it constantly says the security code is wrong. i was wanting to look at your skins...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived