Show Forums Moderators

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I can't do much about it. This and all other hooks are made based on default skin. Your skin is TOO customized. My hook needs to find (based on default skin): <p class='desc __forum_de

This is the version for 3.3.4. Works fine on my board...

SOS33 = IP.Board 3.3. It wasn't made to IP.Board 3.4. Anyway, tested on 3.4.4 and I can see the group/user colors. Not sure what you're trying to report here.

Posted Images

Well, I can't do much about it. This and all other hooks are made based on default skin. Your skin is TOO customized.

My hook needs to find (based on default skin):

<p class='desc __forum_desc ipsType_small'>{$forum_data['description']}</p>[/CODE]

You template is something like:

[CODE]<span class='forum_desc_pos'><span class='forum_desc_con'><span class='forum_description'>{$forum_data['description']}</span></span></span>

So download the hook again, search for the first script I posted and change for the second one and reinstall the hook. If it doesn't work, ask support for the skin author... Your skin is paid, you must have support.

Thanks Sir,

it's almost working. Any other clues?

post-235182-0-50852900-1337093611_thumb.

UPDATE:

OK, it's working! Thanks again!

7 forums didn't have any info / description - after I added it, everything went fine :smile:

UPDATE 2:
It was actually enough to change this lines in first findable place in file "boardIndexTemplate" in "skin_boards".

Edited by eMCe71
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The one thing I noticed is not so much that forum skins are heavily customized, some skin authors are leaving the following code out of the skin:

<p class='desc __forum_desc ipsType_small'>{$forum_data['description']}</p>

I had to add it to some forum skins in order for this header error to go away.

Yeah, when I discovered that was the problem why it wasn't working on my forums, I started looking for where it was placed on the skins it was working for and simply added that code to the skins it was having trouble with. It really is an easy fix, when you find out by an accident post in this topic from your own response. Your clue to the fix was what pointed me in the right direction. lols

At least you now know what direction to point everyone in.

Oh, you might want to add that fix in the description of the "Marketplace" entry for this hook. It will solve having to answer this same question, over and over again. lols

• 4 weeks later...

So there is an easy fix? Where do I put that code? I would love to be able to use this hook :smile: Can anyone help me out?

edit: skin_boards maybe...**scramble to find this**

edit...nope can't find where to make the code edit.

I have 3.4.4...and I use Ehren's skin, "Deflection".

anyone know the fix for that version and skin?

• 3 weeks later...

I take it you use one of the group color mods? Just disable the group coloring feature in this mods settings, and you'll still have the color there..

Hi I don't use any Group coloring Mod, but Group Format. But even if I disabled it, it still show twice. If I Disabled the Group Coloring Feature in this Hook, it does not show any color at all. Just default black color name.

Hi I don't use any Group coloring Mod, but Group Format. But even if I disabled it, it still show twice. If I Disabled the Group Coloring Feature in this Hook, it does not show any color at all. Just default black color name.

Yes you use this one right?: (TB) Group Format

If you use that one then you just have to go into Admin > System Settings > Hooks > Show Forums Moderators

select no to "Use group colors on groups/users links?"

if you aren't using it then there is a bug within this mod in regards to 3.4.4.