Rich text editor

Anuris

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear most of these issues (claim) to be fixed in 3.4.

I'd been considering filing a complaint and bug report with the RTE for a while now, but like others, there were just so many bugs and issues that it didn't seem worthwhile.

My community hates it and I largely hate it. I've considered hacking it to force all users to use the BBCode editor because of it.

Nothing like having to use GEdit to force everything I paste back to plain text, because I love copying a paragraph from a website with a white background, then having that text paste with a white background on my dark template.

Nothing like bolding text, then trying to backspace or enter key and having my cursor jump all over the place because of it.

Nothing having to reformat my lists every time I edit a post.

There's nothing like it, because I know of no other forum system with all these problems.

Found the solution..

add

config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;

to /public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/ips_config.js

No more issues with messy copypasting

Thanks for this, didn't expect it would be such a simple tweak!

• 1 year later...

I don't know if this has already been addressed, and I'm admittedly a new user of the IPB product, but one of the complaints that really stood out to me and my situation is that when I turn off RTE to get STE (am I using those terms right? STE is the one that doesn't 'preview' BBCode formatting?), the buttons become useless. Being able to hit the buttons (or even CTRL + B or + I like on VB for simple formatting changes) to wrap code around my content would make STE a lot more useful.

Archived