Public Topic Multi-Moderation

MadMikeyB

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: Public Topic Multi-Moderation

File Submitter: Mikey

File Submitted: 30 Jan 2012

File Category: Moderation Tools

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x

Allows topic author to use the topic multi-moderations authorized by admin. You can allow topic authors to set their topics as RESOLVED, for example.

Compatibility:

• IP.Board 3.3.X
  • IP.Board 3.2.X

here to download this file

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,

Fantastic idea for a mod - there are a few ways I could use it on my community! I've run into an issue with it, though - when I use the "author moderation" button to execute a multi-mod that changes or removes a topic prefix set by Ryan H.'s Advanced Tags & Prefixes application, nothing happens to the prefix. Could you possibly add support for that application into this hook?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adrianno,

Is it possible to limit the multimoderation in open author moderation list - according to the forum where author's post is?

For example if we set public multimoderation A for posts in forum A, and B for posts in forum B
then if author is in forum A and click on Author moderation button he will see A and B (should see only A in my opinion)

Hi Adrianno,

Is it possible to limit the multimoderation in open author moderation list - according to the forum where author's post is?

For example if we set public multimoderation A for posts in forum A, and B for posts in forum B

then if author is in forum A and click on Author moderation button he will see A and B (should see only A in my opinion)

Fixed!

Version 2.0.1 compatibility:
  • IP.Board 3.3.X
  • IP.Board 3.2.X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This has a couple bugs in 3.3; I don't know whether they were present in prior versions as well.

1: Icons in the admin module seem to be reversed. Private multi-mods have a green check, public ones have a red cross. Having it green for public/enabled rather than to signify the action [as it seems to be] would be much more logical.

2: Thanks to the following line, the only way a multimod will work for this is if it is enabled in one and only forum. Should use a more robust solution to get all matching forums [including cases where 'all forums' is selected].

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => 'mm_id', 'from' => 'topic_mmod', 'where' => 'mm_public = 1 AND mm_forums = '.$this->request['f'], 'order' => "mm_title" ) );

General suggestion: The public/private setting should really be rolled into the core multimod manager. It's possible with an overload on cp_skin_multimods and some smart string operations. I can understand if you don't want to get into that for a free hook, though.

Another suggestion: Nix the "Multi-Moderation: " text before each option in the dropdown. Not necessary.

This has a couple bugs in 3.3; I don't know whether they were present in prior versions as well.

1: Icons in the admin module seem to be reversed. Private multi-mods have a green check, public ones have a red cross. Having it green for public/enabled rather than to signify the action [as it seems to be] would be much more logical.

2: Thanks to the following line, the only way a multimod will work for this is if it is enabled in one and only forum. Should use a more robust solution to get all matching forums [including cases where 'all forums' is selected].

$this->DB->build( array( 'select' => 'mm_id', 'from' => 'topic_mmod', 'where' => 'mm_public = 1 AND mm_forums = '.$this->request['f'], 'order' => "mm_title" ) );

Another suggestion: Nix the "Multi-Moderation: " text before each option in the dropdown. Not necessary.

Ok, fixed. Also made now more like 3.3. style:

%7Boption%7D

General suggestion: The public/private setting should really be rolled into the core multimod manager. It's possible with an overload on cp_skin_multimods and some smart string operations. I can understand if you don't want to get into that for a free hook, though.

Didn't understand what you mean...

Didn't understand what you mean...

Right now, there are two separate modules for managing multimods--one of setting them up and changing their settings, and a separate one you've added to control whether they're public or private. It would be better if you rolled the public/private controls into the built-in multimod module/section, so that there is only one place to deal with them. Would be easier and more intuitive for people to use.

Again, though, that would be rather involved and I can understand not wanting to do so.

Thanks for the fast update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump! Anyone else having the quoted issue?

Yes, I've also noticed that issue.
The hook adds the same code on the top and the bottom of the page, but IPB uses different structures to add the moderation menu (div > ul > li > a vs div > a).

BTW, I've just found a temporary fix for this. I changed the The hook 'ID' for File #1 and File #2 from "modOptions" to "topicDescription".
Now the tools only appear on top of the page.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I've also noticed that issue.

The hook adds the same code on the top and the bottom of the page, but IPB uses different structures to add the moderation menu (div > ul > li > a vs div > a).

BTW, I've just found a temporary fix for this. I changed the The hook 'ID' for File #1 and File #2 from "modOptions" to "topicDescription".

Now the tools only appear on top of the page.

Thanks buddy, that seems to do the trick.