Invision Community
Donkerrood

Simple Tag Management

In the new 1.1.0 version, the pre-defined tags are supported. Please let me know your feedback, as I don't use the pre-defined tags on my own forums.

Your changlog states that if you have ipb 3.2.x to use version 1.02 of this hook.

I am currently using 3.2.3 and don't intend to update for a good while due to many customisations - can I use this new version?

If i install the hook, the topic moderation (i.e. change title) doesn't work any more. The secret_key is missing in the links of the moderation menu.

Suggestions:
- Autocompletion, when not using predefined tags (i can prepare something for you, so that you only have to integrate it in the release)
- Hook support for more apps, i have licenses for downloads, gallery, blog, tutorials. But i have to take a look into the app, to be able to see how much work this is. Probably you have to make your implementation more generic. But didn't have a look into it yet.

If i install the hook, the topic moderation (i.e. change title) doesn't work any more. The secret_key is missing in the links of the moderation menu.

Okay, I fixed this. In the topicViewTags class you have to remove all those global variables

public $registry;

public $settings;

public $member;

public $lang;

Then remove the initialization of them at the beginning of the topicViewTemplate() method

$this->registry  = ipsRegistry::instance();

$this->settings  =& $this->registry->fetchSettings();

$this->member  = $this->registry->member()->fetchMemberData();

And finally replace everything that is

$this->member[/code]

with

$this->memberData

The reason why it broke the links is that you have overwritten the member object with memberData object. So the auth_key is gone. In a skin hook its not neccessary to initialize those default variables, this is already done by the extended class. Just use the variables.

Thanks for the tip. I will create a maintenance release to include this! Both suggestions are good ones. The auto-complete should not be that difficult, if I would be able to figure out the jscript part... You are invited to help!

I will see if I can add this to hook also to the gallery app...

Hey there

first I want to thank you for this awesome mod. It's working great on my forum, but on the mobile skin it's breaking with logged in users:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method topicViewTags::topicViewTags() in /home/odforce/public_html/staging/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3461) : eval()'d code on line 147

Any ideas on why it's doing that?

Thanks
Marc

Great mod; I know it works on 3.3.2. Just one thing, in my general tags settings I don't have force lower case enabled, and my predefined tags are all Capitalised Words. However if picked via the Edit Tags button, it forces them to be all lower case. So, I end up with a mixture of capitalised and all lower case tags. Not a biggie, but if someone knows where I could tweak something to avoid this from happening, that would be great. Cheers.

Great mod; I know it works on 3.3.2. Just one thing, in my general tags settings I don't have force lower case enabled, and my predefined tags are all Capitalised Words. However if picked via the Edit Tags button, it forces them to be all lower case. So, I end up with a mixture of capitalised and all lower case tags. Not a biggie, but if someone knows where I could tweak something to avoid this from happening, that would be great. Cheers.

I have the same problem. Any fix for this???

Good to know. I have to fix some other minor bugs with the predefined tags. I think currently this mod is not listening to the lower case setting. I will fix this in a new release end of this month.

I have the same problem. Any fix for this???

This has been fixed in the new version 1.1.1

Thanks for the fix. I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new version. Now new tags will be forced into lower case. However, when tags are submitted, there are error message at the top of the page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3526) : eval()'d code on line 61

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3526) : eval()'d code:61) in /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3526) : eval()'d code:61) in /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3526) : eval()'d code:61) in /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3526) : eval()'d code:61) in /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php(3526) : eval()'d code:61) in /home/mydomain/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

Despite the error message, tag addition is successful.

Another problem: Once you added tags, the "edit tags" button becomes unclickable (nothing happens when clicked) for the same topic!

Fixed the warnings you got. You can now download an updated file 1.1.1

These were by the way only visible on the mod-side, so no user should have seen this. Most of your warnings were visible however, because you have your warnings all printed out. You may consider switching this off.

I cannot reproduce the second error re the unclickable button. Possibly this is fixed with the updated file.

This may seem an insane amount of tags considering that IPS has only added tags in the last year. But once tagging functionality improves and is used for many years, it becomes more and more useful. The threads on my forum that get actively tagged attract 20+ tags up to 80. If most topics are tagged properly then tags become even much more useful that the search engine. Plus: Google often puts my tags at top rank, as the link shows all topics on a subject.

There are a lot of cool things that can be done with tags. The main problem with tags is keeping the tag database free of garbage tags. To do this my members can report bad tags, we can see who added a bad tag and only ranking usergroups may add new tags to the database. We have plans for a tag moderation queue in vbulletin. However, if my tests with IPS turn out well, then I will need such for IPS.

Anyway, I will PM you.