Download: [EN32] Top X Stats

Elad Nava

Hence

You should have thought of that before you decided to make it and post it out for others to install.

hence why I've flagged it as a broken file. I DO really love this feature, and really hope it gets fixed, but to be QA approved, and no support, well what can i say :(

Regarding this being reported as broken, the author may recall I sent them a PM at submission time as I had problems with it. However it did work when I tried it on two other hosts (without any issues) compared to my localhost test rig, so it was approved as I'd decided the issue was a php version one.

My only concern is something should be added to the description about it, without looking further into it I expect certain (but *not* all) server configurations using php5.2.x can cause it, php5.3.x seems OK.

For clarification we would not approve a file that did not work as described.

The author should be allowed a reasonable time to rectify anything amiss obviously. For the moment I shall leave the broken flag up.

Without seeing what SQL errors people are getting, it's hard to know exactly what the problem is. I got one error when I just tested this because I did not choose anything in the "Exclude forums from latest posts" setting, and that particular bit of this hook requires something be chosen there (for some reason).

If an author is going to claim to be too busy to support his product and people are getting driver errors like this, it's best to always post the info from the SQL error logs here. It will help those of us who investigate broken mods like these to at least get you back on your feet.

Without seeing what SQL errors people are getting, it's hard to know exactly what the problem is. I got one error when I just tested this because I did not choose anything in the "Exclude forums from latest posts" setting, and that particular bit of this hook requires something be chosen there (for some reason).

If an author is going to claim to be too busy to support his product and people are getting driver errors like this, it's best to always post the info from the SQL error logs here. It will help those of us who investigate broken mods like these to at least get you back on your feet.

Before I do post my log, would there be any security risk for my site in posting it here publically?

Ok..so here's mine. This only happens when I disable a group. Other than that it works until a slection is made to disable a selected group.

Ben

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 02:58:40 +0000
Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and (pi.perm_type='forum' and ( pi.perm_2='*' OR pi.perm_2 LIKE '%,4,%' )) and' at line 2
IP Address: 72.191.0000 - /forum/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mySQL query error: SELECT t.tid as id, t.title, t.last_poster_id as id2,m.member_group_id, m.members_display_name as statistic,pi.perm_2 FROM topics t LEFT JOIN members m ON ( m.member_id = t.last_poster_id )
LEFT JOIN permission_index pi ON ( pi.app='forums' AND pi.perm_type='forum' AND pi.perm_type_id=t.forum_id ) WHERE t.forum_id NOT IN() and (pi.perm_type='forum' and ( pi.perm_2='*' OR pi.perm_2 LIKE '%,4,%' )) and t.approved=1 and (t.moved_to='' or t.moved_to IS NULL ) ORDER BY t.last_post DESC LIMIT 0,11
.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| File | Function | Line No. |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
| admin----/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php | [TopXStats].getOutput | 3371 |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| admin----/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php | [output].templateHooks | 2673 |
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
| admin-----/applications/forums/modules_public/forums/boards.php | [output].sendOutput | 127 |
| admin-----/sources/base/ipsController.php | [public_forums_forums_boards].doExecute | 302

• 3 weeks later...

Nope still broken... All good after install, then make any changes and it just disappears. You don't get the error!!! However I then decided to revert all the settings, and guess what, I got the database error.

So sorry but the file should remain broken.

If you want any information, please feel free to request, and I will provide.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived