Calendar idea

marklcfc

I think it should be possible to merge a calendar event and topic together. Say I have a topic for an event discussion on the forum, I would like the event info to be at the topic, including the rsvp and all attendees.

I know I can create a topic leaving a link to the calendar event where people can comment, but I think it'd be better if it was as part of the forums as it would be alot more noticeable.

Users are more likely to view a topic than a calendar event so RSVP isn't going to be used much, whereas if it was included on the first post in a topic, it would be clearly seen. Has anyone any thoughts on this?

make lemonade out of lemons, well for now at least, think outside the square / why not instead first create your calendar event / you can then bring the calendar into the forum via a feed update which is easy to do / create a events update forum for this feed to come into. this is just a general overall events feed for the board / all events.

next once you have created the event in the calendar create your topic in the forum of your choice, your first post would clearly carry a link back to your calendar event.

Yes I would like to +1 this idea.

There are mods that sort of do this, but it should be standard option with IP.Calendar. This is one of many little features that could/should be added to the official release so more people will use it.

Which mod sort of does this?

Search IPS for (HSC) Topic Templates system and keep an eye on the support topic. I believe HSC is also releasing a Calendar Template system to the public. I do not know if the Calendar Topic Templates will allow automatic topic creation like the DevFuse mod, but if not you may be able to run both mods together, which should make it possible then to create a Calendar Event, which then automatically creates a forum topic with all the calendar details, including an RSVP Attendee box.

That's what I have planned so wait a few weeks and follow that topic and hopefully it will be done by then.

I do not know if the Calendar Topic Templates will allow automatic topic creation like the DevFuse mod,

you will need BOTH mods.

all the info from the template and RSVP is held within the calendar event page, the devfuse mod will post a link the the event page in your selected forum

stage 2 of the mods will be a seperate RSVP mod which will be starting soon :)

Archived