Community

(e34) Custom Name Style

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

File Name: (e34) Custom Name Style File Submitter: (e) Eric File Submitted: 02 Jan 2012 File Category: User and Social Engagement Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x Custom name style appears s

Hey guys, Found this in TB's thread: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/350317-download-tb-group-format/page-8#entry2387367 It's an unofficial fix found by Cabola(spam the like button ;)).

You would need to ask TB. I think he said Group Format is first on his list after paid apps, for updating.

There isn't anything that is going to break your boards if you install this on 3.3. It just doesn't display the style name in all places yet. And as I've stated, since this uses the tricks of Group Format, I'm waiting on that to be completed before releasing a 3.3 version. And as stated a few posts up, if you visit emoneyCodes.com and find the support topic for this on that site, you'll find the current build as an attachment which fixes 2/3 of the 3.3 issues already anyway. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey the hook is pretty cool and love it! However i have Shoutbox v1.3.7 installed and when a premium member or staff changes the color of there name, when they go into the shoutbox it only shows the default color of the user groups! Is there going to be a update to fix this? Or not? Next, if you go to "View New Content" on your forum it only shows the default color of those member groups, not the custom username color they changed it to.

Anyway thanks for reviewing this topic and if it cant be fixed or resolved its ok :).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Found this in TB's thread: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/350317-download-tb-group-format/page-8#entry2387367

It's an unofficial fix found by Cabola(spam the like button ;)).

I applied his fix to this app, and it worked perfectly.

Eric, I patched your application hook, with the fix found above (let me know if you want the attachment removed).

To apply the patch attached, upload the file, customNameStyle.xml, to: forum/admin/applications_addon/other/customNameStyle/xml/hooks. Now, re-import application hooks.

How to manually patch the file:

Locate the above mentioned hook file. Open it in editor. Replace this line:

public function profileModern( $tabs=array(), $member=array(), $visitors=array(), $default_tab='status', $default_tab_content='', $friends=array(), $status=array() )

With this line:

public function profileModern( $tabs=array(), $member=array(), $visitors=array(), $default_tab='status', $default_tab_content='', $friends=array(), $status=array(), $show_contact='' )

And this line:

$return = parent::profileModern( $tabs, $member, $visitors, $default_tab, $default_tab_content, $friends, $status );

With this line:

$return = parent::profileModern( $tabs, $member, $visitors, $default_tab, $default_tab_content, $friends, $status, $show_contact ); 

Then comment out what is mentioned in the post in the link above. Now, re-import application hooks.

Applied this patch on my board, and it this application works perfectly (on 3.4.4) now! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...