Some IE Errors here at IPB

DesignzShop

<-- is trying to figure out why the deuce an upgrade to..... well, lets face it, MS is *finally* coming *close* to a par on browser terms(netscape? died, literally, why is that mess even mentioned?) requires a forced *downgrade* in rendering when last I heard they were trying to at least come somewhere in the ballpark of other browsers this time...... sigh, further annoying IE bugs to require fixing.

Kyanar, we dislike the browser simply as perfectly valid code in gecko/webkit can go to **** on IE for 0 valid reason, if they kept to the CURRENT standards it wouldn't be so bleeding bad..... but as you pointed out, they take way too bleeding long to keep up, and when they push an update, they break as much as they comply with.

You clearly haven't used IE10. You really need to actually use it before making unfounded assertions.

And remember, if it wasn't for IE we wouldn't have AJAX. Microsoft invented that!

ie will always default to working best for asp/ado.net driven and, if by some luck they happen to work with php//etc count your blessings.

they have to make sure to always work on exchange/sharepoint/storage server for number of reasons, some legal (records management) some profit.

but from what I have seen ie10 has issues on sharepoint and exchange 2010 even.

crock of crap...wish they would smarten up.

ASP.NET renders only what the developer pushes into it, so that's not really all that relevant to be honest. ADO.NET is a data access technology so definitely not relevant.

SharePoint and Exchange. Ah yes, that's an interesting topic. Those are now supporting Firefox and Chrome as first class citizens (the reason we can't upgrade SharePoint at work is for that exact reason actually). The IE10 issues I would certainly expect to be fixed quick smart, but don't expect them to fix IE6 support - they actually tell you to go away if you try and use them in that old creaky thing!

Archived