IP.Content Block Pages/Menu Feed Source

Nuclear General

%7Boption%7D

File Name: IP.Content Block Pages/Menu Feed Source

File Submitter: Nuclear General

File Submitted: 18 Dec 2011

File Category: Content Management

This IP.Content Feed Source Allows You to Pull data from your IP.Content pages into Content Feed Blocks.
Additionally, It Allows Templating of The IP.Content Menu As A Feed For Wrapperless Pages Wtih Jquery Effects Native to the New Block Templates.
This Allows Data Feeds of Pages for Easy Menu Creation, and the Use of The IP.Content Menu On Wrapperless Pages.
Honors Page/Menu Permissions, including Secondary groups automatically.
Hands the Page URL to you.
Has an active (user is viewing said page) status flag.
Feed types include: Content Pages
Includes 2 .xml block templates.
1: ipsSideMenu-style Pages "list".
2: ips_utilities_block-style Pages "bar"
3: ips_utilities_block-style IP.Content Menu!
4: IPS Front-page Style IP.Content Menu!
Make reusable menu templates, or use the provided templates with this feed source, the choice is yours.
Version 1.1.x+ Is For IPC 2.3 ONLY, Previous versions hold a 2.2.x IPC Compatible file.

here to download this file

hi Marcher

just wondered what the differences are between this and the other similar file, which i currently use :smile:

cheers Benny

ps i note this one tracks pages being viewed ? what else ?

Cannot build a "MegaMenu" with the hook.
Re Diff.
well, for one the data is present to display the page last edit.
CSS/JS "Pages" files are not blocked, are in fact Separate "Types" to easily be parsed to head.
So basically, the difference is this.
The other 2 are queries run off of settings.
This is a Feed Block, the url for the page is handed to you as well as active status var.
basically.
not limited to what i provide.
have menu's for each set of sub-pages or build a mega-menu.
Choice is yours.

Another brilliant mod (I'm sure) which I am totally confused as to what it does :wink:

Does this show all the Feed Variables if we click on Help?

Does this let us pull data from all the fields in the Pages database table?
i.e:

page_id page_name
page_seo_name
page_description
page_folder
page_type
page_last_edited
page_template_used
page_content
page_cache
page_view_perms
page_cache_ttl
page_cache_last
page_content_only
page_meta_keywords
page_meta_description
page_content_type
page_template
page_ipb_wrapper
page_omit_filename

I've built my MegaMenu using blocks. What would be an advantage of using Pages instead?

Is this supposed to allow someone to build a dynamic "Megamenu", so that you could have a Menu Item that says "Pages" and it has a drop-down list of all your Pages, displayed as their "Page SEO Name" for example, and if you create more Pages they are automatically added to the list? I can see how that would be handy, but wouldn't it be intensive to pull that data from the database every single page hit?

Another brilliant mod (I'm sure) which I am totally confused as to what it does :wink:

Does this show all the Feed Variables if we click on Help?

Does this let us pull data from all the fields in the Pages database table?

i.e:

page_id page_name

page_seo_name

page_description

page_folder

page_type

page_last_edited

page_template_used

page_content

page_cache

page_view_perms

page_cache_ttl

page_cache_last

page_content_only

page_meta_keywords

page_meta_description

page_content_type

page_template

page_ipb_wrapper

page_omit_filename

I've built my MegaMenu using blocks. What would be an advantage of using Pages instead?

1: Yes, but for my own safety and yours the page_content and page_cache are not allowed for use.
2: The links will always be correct.
3: Active status $var when block is not cached.
4: no template edits to add 1 page link... or change ordering... or... im sure you get it ;) its a feed block.

You can order the pages data returned in random order within the block...

OK
to make this work you set up as follows
  • Filter By Package Groups
  • Choose the options you want Filter by Shown In Store?, Filter Featured or Filter by In Stock?
  • STEP 5 Set LIMIT to 1

Adjust the template how you wish, I have used or added an img tag to display images of the products... and adjusted

<span class='desctext'>{IPSText::truncate( strip_tags($r['content']), 320 )}</span>

To meet my needs

Thanks, Also discovered a bug below
post-167989-0-93684500-1324668144_thumb.

So this would work for listing products one at a time as I specified? Just want to be clear, I want to have say a right side block, in that block One Item is Displayed. I do one of the following:

1: Refresh Page

2: Go to another page and then return

And I see a different product. So I have 2 - 10 products listed or selected and with each new visit/refresh/page change the product changes

Is this what you are saying will happen?

I'm saying random on the product list feed should do that already... and you are confusing 2 different feed block sources.
This is a Feed of page data for menu-making, and css/js includes.
has nothing related to product in its data return.

This is one of the best MODS I have on the board. I mean it, this is so robust adds so much to IP.C and nexus to integrate the two. This should be part of the entire product and I am glad Bob had the vision to create it. Very Impressed, if you dont have this on your IP.C and Nexus based system,, You should

This is one of the best MODS I have on the board. I mean it, this is so robust adds so much to IP.C and nexus to integrate the two. This should be part of the entire product and I am glad Bob had the vision to create it. Very Impressed, if you dont have this on your IP.C and Nexus based system,, You should

:P kinda funny how you are extolling the virtues of http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/349920-download-nexus-feed-block/ this mod.
try to keep your support questions.... on-topic? :P patched the other file.

• 2 months later...

this block needs an update.
working on some decent templates, as the patch itself is rather handled... pushing out all the ones to be updated feed source wise(pages, tags, (tracker.... i need to see what in the heck is going on with... doing others first))in one go.
for now, delete the offending source file(s) at /admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/pages.php
I'm going to look into a way for the hook to do this automatically on uninstall for all cases.... and make my keys a lot more unique in this update.

this block needs an update.

working on some decent templates, as the patch itself is rather handled... pushing out all the ones to be updated feed source wise(pages, tags, (tracker.... i need to see what in the heck is going on with... doing others first))in one go.

for now, delete the offending source file(s) at /admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/pages.php

I'm going to look into a way for the hook to do this automatically on uninstall for all cases.... and make my keys a lot more unique in this update.

File updated for IPC 2.3 :smile: Template-able menus for reusable blocks available.... 2 stock, as previously, as block templates truly now. :ohmy:

File updated for IPC 2.3 :smile: Template-able menus for reusable blocks available.... 2 stock, as previously, as block templates truly now. :ohmy:

... oh.
and for you wrapper-less folks, i just finished Adding the IP.Content Navigation Menu as a feed source :sorcerer: .
The 2 "stock" templates Provided, which both utilize the same jQuery block plugin(which is very literally highly configurable from the block template), are both meant as a basis for wrapperless users to utilize the IP.Content Navigation on Wrapper-less pages.
Link
the bottom 2 are the new additions.

• 1 month later...

For a date last edited this page https://jlogica.com/Legal/Privacy works https://jlogica.com/Legal doesn't

For a date last edited this page

https://jlogica.com/Legal/Privacy

works

https://jlogica.com/Legal

doesn't

Did you select any filters? i suspect it to be more of an active issue(if bug... gonna go immediately check this locally) or a lack of the pages data in the feed, in which case the data is literally not gonna be there if you selected filters but have not selected that page.
OR... you went and cached the block or the page, which renders the "Active" flag useless.

Did you select any filters? i suspect it to be more of an active issue(if bug... gonna go immediately check this locally) or a lack of the pages data in the feed, in which case the data is literally not gonna be there if you selected filters but have not selected that page.

OR... you went and cached the block or the page, which renders the "Active" flag useless.

You HAVE to either have selected contrary filters, or are caching the page... I am unable to reproduce on any page at any "depth" file-name omission or not..

I would say hat it is because IPC is tripping the 'index.html' from the 'filename' in one spot and not the other.

I would say hat it is because IPC is tripping the 'index.html' from the 'filename' in one spot and not the other.

Did further debug.
ccsFunctions method failing flat here.
http://community.inv...e-omits-folder/
... I use that as it has been the singe most reliable way to figure the deuce of "active".... :baby:
For now you can choose to make another block, omit the active check, and filter it to that sole page to sidestep the issue. :logik:
The check is failing simply as the entry in the database for the page HAS a folder, you are IN a folder, but on the "index" of that folder

ipsRegistry::getClass('ccsFunctions')->getFolder()

is blank when it should have the folder.

• 8 months later...

Still trying my best to come up with some kind of interim solution for an ipcontent page that is not wrapped, e.g. brings in the primary navigation menu of the forum, which has menu items displayed that are irrelevant or not desired for a given ip content page template.

So thinking: wrapperless template combined with this mod and the pro menu ip content header menu block?

Or should it be just a naked page with this mod and the pro menu header menu block?

Archived