Bugs in the Translations-feature

TSP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot reproduce.

A quick update to this:

Just see this happen here again multiple times when editing strings on a page (not all strings of a page)

This bug not always occur, but I can not see a schematic when it happens...

I only know: I'm not changed the (translated) strings (with umlauts) and it marked as changed.

A quick update to this:

Just see this happen here again multiple times when editing strings on a page (not all strings of a page)

This bug not always occur, but I can not see a schematic when it happens...

I only know: I'm not changed the (translated) strings (with umlauts) and it marked as changed.

With all due respect, I have been working on other things as well, and the bug you are reporting is hardly show stopping, it doesn't stop you being able to translate or download packs, it just marks a few strings as updated due to the symbols - on the grand scale of things I'd say that was a pretty low priority bug.

I'll look at these, but these are all relatively minor problems.

• 1 month later...
http://community.inv...p?app=languages

I'm confused 'cause in the top contributors that states there is a different number of contributions for each member.

It's totally impossible. Each language has the same number of strings, then why the german language pack has have than 9654 strings?
Can you please clean this mess? There is a big mess that must be cleaned. If there are totally 7000 lang strings, recount the number of
strings and "remove" the old-strings that are not in used anymore.

People are looking for a clean translation , which has the same number of strings for each language pack.

Hope this will be fixed soon..

http://community.inv...p?app=languages

I'm confused 'cause in the top contributors that states there is a different number of contributions for each member.

It's totally impossible. Each language has the same number of strings, then why the german language pack has have than 9654 strings?

Can you please clean this mess? There is a big mess that must be cleaned. If there are totally 7000 lang strings, recount the number of

strings and "remove" the old-strings that are not in used anymore.

People are looking for a clean translation , which has the same number of strings for each language pack.

Hope this will be fixed soon..

I think you're reading way too much into a number which just gives a bit of credit to the contributors. You make a change to a language string, you get a 'commit' added to your account. People that have more have worked on more than one language pack. As for why yours isn't showing 7000 I don't know, but I don't think its the best use of anyones time to see why you don't have 7000 showing under your account?

The language pack is complete, and you have credit on 99.9999999% of that pack, that's all that matters surely? :)

I couldn't realize the way it's working and now you've opened my mind, thanks!

There should be a thing that will let people know "how much strings the user has made for X" lang pack and not only in generally.
it's not that matter, but it can really help for those who think "Hey, is there a chance the german lang pack has some new strings
that I don't have?" which is not the truth.

Don't be angry, it takes me a little bit of time to realize what is happening here.. XD then excuse me please..

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

There is a bug in the translation feature. While going to the Gallery it shows "90%" when it's actually 100% translated.

I went to the Gallery (clicked on Untranslated Text) and saw:

"We could not find any outstanding entries for this language pack"

.....Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You are currently viewing language strings that have been updated in a newer version of IP.Board, but not yet updated in Hebrew. Click here to reset filters.

It has already translated! may there is a problem with the system of the "Languages". Hebrew language pack has no "strings that have been updated in a newer version of IP.Board" because most of them are "the same" as been last year on 2011.

That might be due to the fact that the English version has changed slightly or that we have upgraded and the system simply wants you to review the strings and ensure they are still correct. We may use a different word in English between version 1 and version 2, but the word may still be the same in Hebrew for instance.

• 5 months later...

I have tried to download my Hebrew language pack and had an issue with the translation.

I uploaded the language.xml.gz file to the correct folder in my PC , then imported it through the AdminCP, went to the forums and then saw that the search... text of the search box (placed next to the logo) is not written as "search..." it's displayed with a language code , something like "#1495פ&" which would have to show the real word behind this lang code. And even if you try to login to AdminCP and looking for 1495 you will find the public_ file with the lang code text, it won't show you the Hebrew characters even if you view this through AdminCP which makes the problem to be a huge problem while using this pack.

I'm sure there isn't the 1st problem. Also occurring in any other language here while people using those packs for their communities. May it's a problem in the Translation Program.

+1 I have same problem...

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ips-web-site-and-client-area-not-for-software-issues/the-characters-are-altered-from-the-text-field-r35154

Archived