Bugs in the Translations-feature

TSP

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also another issue with the "language.xml.gz". When tried to upload the hebrew pack, the process has timed out.

That is unrelated to the translation feature on our site here, and we have implemented many resource improvements for importing and recaching language packs to help with this in 3.3.

What is your way to upload the Lang XML file fast instead of stucking on timed out status?

*Most* customers don't hit a time out, but for those that do, I would recommend temporarily increasing or removing the restrictions so that the language pack can be imported, and then putting the restrictions back in place.

As I said, this has been improved greatly with IP.Board 3.3 which should resolve the issue some customers have faced moving forward.

Why does my language pack have 93%? everything is "100%" completed.

System - 100% completion

Forums - 100% completion

Members - 100% completion

IP.Blog - 100% completion

Downloads - 100% completion

Gallery - 100% completion

Calendar - 100% completion

Chat - 100% completion

Content - 100% completion

IP.Nexus - 100% completion

08 in March since the last post was made by IPBSupport.de and we still don't see that feature work properly.

This was fixed, the reason it happened was because the main progress bar looked at *all* language strings, and there were 800 strings that hadn't been translated into Hebrew - turns out this was due to IP.Tracker, sorted that and you now show at 100%.

Why can't I upload it as well? when I tried to upload this language pack, it has displayed an error saying "Page Timed Out" it takes a long time while loading this lang pack and sometimes its even not working and going to "Page cannot be found" because it's getting offline due to the long process. I also tried to upload on another USA / our of usa (europe) or even on some Israeli servers and it still came up with an error.

This will be great if you can cause the board remove all "out of date" strings automatically with adding new characters to the newest version if needed.

@Jean:

*Most* customers don't hit a time out, but for those that do, I would recommend temporarily increasing or removing the restrictions so that the language pack can be imported, and then putting the restrictions back in place.

As I said, this has been improved greatly with IP.Board 3.3 which should resolve the issue some customers have faced moving forward.

Thats the big problem with the language .xml files (and many more, e.g. you can not ex/import language packs for specific apps, because you can not select the language pack to import the .xml when importing). This is the reason why i only offer languagepacks as .php files since years...

• 3 weeks later...

Like all attempts to improve and/or support the international community respectively the translations of the IPS-Software of IPS, i'll also see this projekt dying...

All these projects were begun with much enthusiasm from IPS, but then they have half-hearted dealt with the projects and stopped it...

We have posted here on this topic a lot of other issues - not only IP.Board specific...

E.g.:
[*]Special characters shown not as html in the translation area [*]... Maybe forget / miss any bug...

[*]"Untranslated Text" does not work [*]"Outdated Text" does not work [*]Search does not work and/or we can not search for "keys" which is essential [*]If a member change a translated string to a new one, the number of "contributions" on the old translator of the string doesn't change (e.g. if member A translated 10 strings and member B changed all 10 strings member A have still 10 contributions) [*]If you save a page all strings with special umlauts/special characters (like ü ö ä) show as changed ("A minute ago"), although you have not changed anything [*]There are "ghosts" (no member name) in the "Top Contributors" list(s). E.g.

HERE

Not sure if this is the right topic but I have some odd issues with my translation for 3.2.3 (yes I know I'm a bit behind :P).

The two things that are bugging me are:
- there's no "show all" text for emoticons under the quick access panel... I have the text translated, I also tried removing the translation and still no "show all" link to get the popup window with all emoticons
- the text in the searchbox is "placeholder". I can't find it anywhere in the translation file? In english it says "Search...".

• 2 weeks later...

We have posted here on this topic a lot of other issues - not only IP.Board specific...

E.g.:[list=1] [*]"Untranslated Text" does not work[/list]

Fixed.

"Outdated Text" does not work

Fixed.

Search does not work and/or we can not search for "keys" which is essential

Search is working for me - it may have been fixed by me sorting the other things out though.

If a member change a translated string to a new one, the number of "contributions" on the old translator of the string doesn't change (e.g. if member A translated 10 strings and member B changed all 10 strings member A have still 10 contributions)

Not a bug, if someone comes along and updates all the translations we don't want peoples previous contributions to be forgotten about, seems wrong to remove them.

If you save a page all strings with special umlauts/special characters (like ü ö ä) show as changed ("A minute ago"), although you have not changed anything

Cannot reproduce.

Fixed.

Special characters shown not as html in the translation area

Not too sure what you mean here, special characters seem to be displaying fine for me.

1. Saving the current page redirecting me automatically to the first page (instead of staying on the same "saved" page)

2. In IE8 there's an Error on script:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Timestamp: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:39:58 UTC

Line: 1254

Char: 1

Code: 0

URI: http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=languages&module=products&section=downloads&do=viewLanguage&language=11&st=350

3. Is that so difficult to add an highlights/bold words that have been changed on an exsited text?
For example:

If in the next version you're going to change the:

rate_file_4 (with the text parsed: Rate file 4 star) and change this text to:

Rate document 4 star

3. Is that possible to bold the changed word? for example

Rate document 4 star

and when submitting a change, it won't display the bold text and will be displayed regulary (without bold).

4. Is that anyway of deleting the "old" strings that are not already in use? (the board determines which strings are not in used right now and should be deleted on this current version).

5. On the RTL skin the search bar looks fine but the Search box has the "English" located on the right side of the searchbox. Can you please move it to the left in order to display the text as well? Now I can write fine in english or hebrew but cannot see a part from the code. (it hides the first 6-7 chars.).

I have also tried to look for the translated work (הוסף הערה) and was having an error that says:

No results were found for the search term: "הוסף הערה"

Some people report on a bad behavior on the Hebrew translation pack. When uploading this pack to the forum, it won't show the:

and properly.

All these icons are automatically replaced with:

ג†

Thanks Alex!

Looks like the "html-problem" i posted above...

Edit: Oh, the attachment no longer show in the post above...

See here, Alex:

post-145138-0-67454300-1335647535_thumb.

Archived