My media - no one use it

Axel Wers

In editor is good feature - My Media.

I have about 2000 members on my board but NO ONE use it!

Maybe they are too lazy to try something new, but maybe it's not very intuitive and they think that feature is useless.

This software needs better support for common members. 85% features they simply don't use. Or have to I write entry about every new feature? It's too hard for me, I have lot of other duties, not playing with IP.Board every day. IP.Board is good software, but common members probably don't need so lot of features. This is one big reason why I probably won't renew anymore. I don't know what I can do with them.

One thing i have noticed with the "My Media" feature is i often want to add an image from my gallery.

However, i have quite a few images/albums in my Gallery. If i want to add a single image to the post, i have to search through pages and pages of images from all of my albums.

I need to be able to select the album, and then the image from that album.

Maybe roll Gallery Images & Gallery Albums into 'Gallery'. When Gallery is clicked, all the users albums appear, then allow the user to select the album (button underneath stating 'select whole album') or click the album to view inside it.

Once inside the album, the user can select individual images.

Anybody agree?

I have recently converted one of my sites to IPS.... the members were used to it after 6 years, my plan is to introduce one or two new features ever week or two. I do up a quick video "showing them" the feature and how to use it. This has allows them to soak in the new features slowly and it's working well so far.

My users haven't used it either. I love the concept and I do agree that its our job to showcase the full potential of the software with how-tos, I don't think most users take time to read directions to use a site. It seems the entire image system could be simplified for users. I for one would like to see the ability to upload from the quick reply. :smile:

I don't know about your users but mine see the image icon on the editor and assume this is what they should click to insert an imagine in their post. Why can't My Media and the upload be included in the image icon? So when a user clicks the button they are confronted by the three different ways to share media on the forum:

post-235981-0-30269900-1323621296_thumb.

We haven't upgraded to 3.2+ yet. but I never once used the 'My Media' button this whole time on these support forums. I guess I just haven't found a use for it on here yet.

not positive it would be useful here (for normal members) unless you have gallery/blog material uploaded here. I use it often elsewhere, but never here.

Biggest problem I've found with it is some members think that it's the attachment system. I've had several upload images to their gallery then use My Media to link to that thinking it's the correct way to do forum attachments. It never occurred to them that they had to click on "More reply options" to upload an image attachment.

3DKiwi

Biggest problem I've found with it is some members think that it's the attachment system. I've had several upload images to their gallery then use My Media to link to that thinking it's the correct way to do forum attachments. It never occurred to them that they had to click on "More reply options" to upload an image attachment.

3DKiwi

On the flipside, though, that's exactly how many people want image attachments to work - have members put them in the gallery then link to them. That was actually the primary reason the My Media pane was added.

What is my media? lol

...Ya'll can laugh..... but My Media smacks Content Relational fields around fierce....
What is My Media?
The key to re-usability of any app's data in IPB.
Reusable images is an example, but it goes MUCH further....
You guys know the entire question is summarily answered
For all it matters, you could add and link to a help file on the subject.

Marcher, I'll let my members know that about Content relational fields lol.

One of my members just taught me and everyone about Quick Navigation so I owe them one.

...Ya'll can laugh..... but My Media smacks Content Relational fields around fierce....

What is My Media?

The key to re-usability of any app's data in IPB.

Reusable images is an example, but it goes MUCH further....

You guys know the entire question is summarily

answered

For all it matters, you could add and link to a help file on the subject.

Archived