ACP Pages Groups Extension

Ryan Ashbrook

File Name: ACP Pages Groups Extension

File Submitter: Ryan Ashbrook

File Submitted: 08 Dec 2011

File Category: Integration

This IP.Content Admin Control Pages Group Form Plugin adds a tab to the User Group Cofiguration in the ACP, to grant/deny groups access to different Pages of IP.Content.
Useful for reassigning a group's access for multiple Pages at once.
Each Listed IP.Content Page shows whether all current and future groups are allowed access, and allows a toggle thereof, to efficiently handle multiple pages permissions without the need to actually visit IP.Content.

here to download this file

just putting this here:

Your description is very confusing. Remember, only use Capitals at the start of a sentence, or at the start of a word if it is the name of a person, place or product brand.Would this be more correct?"This hook adds a tab to the Usergroup permissions in the ACP, to grant/deny groups access to different sections of IP.Content"Even that's probably wrong, as your screenshot and description is just confusing. If you are editing "Administrators" user group, why would you have an option "All current and future groups" in your screenshot? That would mean this is a system setting, not a usergroup setting wouldn't it? Does this over-ride individual Page permissions?

Content has an all current and future groups per every page, i do not add check-boxes on a whim, these are necessary for how content handles page permissions, and to efficiently manage these permissions without having to visit ip.content.
this does not ovverride ANYTHING, it actually updates the values on the pages themselves... it basically amounts to editing multiple pages at the group level rather than multiple groups at the page level.
That cover it Freeborne ?
It has the exact same effect as editing a page in content, except instead of having to visit and update multiple pages to allow/disallow access for a group, you simply visit the group in manage member groups.
And i do apologize if my PHP is better than my written English.
Oh wait.... no, I truly do not.....
It would be worse if my English was better than my PHP, I would think....
its free fully functional page permissions management from groups.....
what more can i give?
...oh, and its not a hook.
one does not add a groups tab with a hook FYI....
these are hard files.... of my own creation by my own sweat.(going to go get some sleep now, but as you can very likely tell complaining on intended needed functionality on a free mod split my wig... its free, as a certain Adriano said, it is what it is, you lose nothing by using it, gain easier page permissions access by using it, don't like it, don't use it!!!)

Haha. Get your sleep, you deserved it.

Not criticizing you at all, well not intentionally. You do some great work, I just think you need to explain your mods better so more people download and use them. Much of your work doesn't get enough exposure I think because your descriptions are confusing (another example is the wrapper-less page template)

Haha. Get your sleep, you deserved it.

Not criticizing you at all, well not intentionally. You do some great work, I just think you need to explain your mods better so more people download and use them. Much of your work doesn't get enough exposure I think because your descriptions are confusing (another example is the wrapper-less page template)

haha..... :aww: :sweat: I made this one.... honestly, i made it because i usually have ~50 pages visible on my live demo site, and a good number(like 5 or so) ill cycle out with data returns/near-final debug visible only to me.... and found page access management to be a hassle page-by-page.... figured I'd share it, as i cannot be the only one with similar needs.
I shall take a closer look at my descriptions....

Archived