[suggestion]Subscribe users to topic they have posted in by default

LongeCity

This one follows forums not topics, but thanks anyway for the suggestion.

there is already a setting to do this in the ACP, but it only covers new members

if you want existing members to follow topics, you need to use Marsher techs other hook - synche me

Is precisely why.... no point in a setting for whats already there and malleable. :sorcerer:

I'm honestly surprised that this isn't a feature integrated into IPB by default. Why not buy the modification and merge it with IPB 3.3. Not everyone has the time or know-how to look around for 3rd-party modifications to add what should have been in IPB in the first place. IPB devs should just get the mod from Marcher Technologies and integrate it forever into IPB and solve this problem. With all the money IPB makes, $3 shouldn't be an issue. I know it's not for me, to have to buy the mod, but why buy it when i already paid $150 and IPB's price is hiking up to $175 in a few weeks. IPB devs should also scan their database of 3rd party mods and just buy those that offer obvious improvements to IP.Board's default out-of-the-box set of functionality. It would make things simpler for IPB admins who manage their forums. Having to deal with 3rd party mods can become a nightmare, especially when new IPB versions are out and the 3rd party mod hasn't been updated or has to be re-installed separately, etc. Just make it simpler for everyone!

This. I hate posting in a new forum and then being inundated with spam because I was automatically subscribed to the thread.

I'm not against there being an option for it, but I hate having to turn that off whenever I visit a forum that has it.

%7Boption%7D
... you can follow and choose not to receive a single email... this just goes to show there is no "Win" to be had here.

Archived