Tracker Portal

Nuclear General

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Tracker Portal

File Submitter: Nuclear General

File Submitted: 05 Dec 2011

File Category: Content Management

Supported Versions: IP.Content 2.2.x

This is an out-of-the-box IP.Content Tracker Portal, including the Tracker Feed block Source, 7 templated Blocks, and a page template.
In the interest and respect of Tracker being a free Community project, this download is free.
This Was a Quite Large amount of coding work, but I offer this freely as I feel this should be a core content option.
If you appreciate this offering, feel free to Donate
Feed Block Sources Include:
Projects.
Issues.
Suggestions.
Filters Include:
Projects, Submitter(including myself/friends capability), Open only, Public only.
Sorting options include:
Id's(project, issue, suggestion), start date(issue,suggestion), title(project, issue,suggestion), replies(issue,suggestion), position(project) and random(project, issue, suggestion).
Demo:
http://www.marcherte...m/trackerportal

here to download this file

Hi Marcher,

does installing this affect any ipcontent portal thats existing or does it only affect the tracker area?

thank you.

....color me confused :tongue:
this effects the page you utilize the template on in IPC... and is literally meant as both a demo for the IP.Tracker Feed Block Source and a Content "portal" of IP.Tracker.... looking quite nothing like the actual IP.Tracker landing(by my own design)...
meant to provide an at-a-glance view of open and public(this can be reconfigured, block Filters ;) ) recent suggestions, reported issues, issues/suggestions you started recently, and issues/suggestions with the most replies(usually means something important if its got a lot of replies and is not closed)...
It requires IPC and Tracker be installed, and a page for the template to run on... but it effects neither existing content pages(unless you use the template on them course :tongue: ), NOR Tracker.

not sure this matters, the page templates is named template-export

dies that affect anything?

.... hrmm, should be template-export.xml...
because of the ability to multi-export template groups, they dont add the template key like blocks do.. that being said, checking the download to be certain that IS an .xml... but it should be :P

.... hrmm, should be template-export.xml...

because of the ability to multi-export template groups, they dont add the template key like blocks do.. that being said, checking the download to be certain that IS an .xml... but it should be :tongue:

yeah, thats normal and is an .xml, follow the readme please.
I include that not for my own benefit yknow :wink:
Not uploading the feed source, for example, would make it not so usable, as that PHP feed block source powers the whole page of blocks really. :tongue:
And yes... its very literally a new "toy", this Tracker Feed Block source...
I am still trans-versing the ACP Block areas to language strings in full and working for better filters, but its Stable as rock right now, hence the release.

sorry I did not mean to imply wasn't xml, thought I had read somewhere else keeping the export name caused issues but it installed extremely easily with no issues.
well done :smile:

it installed SUPER easy actually and worked instantly :)
will try to donate next week, appreciate all the ipcontent stuff you do.

• 2 months later...

Hi Marcher,

I'm getting the following error message.

Warning: IPSLib::loadLibrary(/home/proevoel/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/tracker.php) [ipslib.loadlibrary]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/proevoel/public_html/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 1132

Fatal error: IPSLib::loadLibrary() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/proevoel/public_html/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/tracker.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear:/home/proevoel/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/proevoel/public_html/admin/sources/base/core.php on line 1132

Not sure what the problem is.

Appreciate your help.

That's odd, within the backend of IP Content, I'm unable to click on any of the 7 blocks without getting the above error message.

did you upload the feed source file? what it is saying is that you are attempting to use the feed blocks without the feed source in place on-server, eg, the file in this download tracker.php correctly nested is not present within /admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/ on your server.

Mmmmmm, ok I've uploaded the file to the new server, the error message has disappeared but I have my forum with a blank page when I attempt to view the tracker page.

hrmm.... white page==PHP error...
All i do in this block is load up some languages, interact with the database and spit the data to the template.... not seeing what could cause a PHP error with that...
Did you apply the page template?
Can I have access to look/debug? you are the first to have issue with this, and I would like to ensure its specifically not something that is an issue in my code(still not seeing how... but best to be sure).

hrmm.... white page==PHP error...

All i do in this block is load up some languages, interact with the database and spit the data to the template.... not seeing what could cause a PHP error with that...

Did you apply the page template?

Can I have access to look/debug? you are the first to have issue with this, and I would like to ensure its specifically not something that is an issue in my code(still not seeing how... but best to be sure).

Ok... firstly... Install IP.Tracker.
Secondly... i actually explicitly check in my source that it IS installed before allowing the feed type selection, And before executing the feed block....
uncertain as to how it IS white-paging... as the line directly after the executeFeed method declaration is:

if ( !IPSLib::appIsInstalled('tracker') )

{

return '';

}

... so how it is even getting to that point in execution to error... :logik: :ike:
Install IP.Tracker Please :smile:... updating the file version requirements to explicitly state as such.

see there was update, do the blocks need to be reimported or is just uploading the files all thats needed? looks like trcker.php was only change on a quick glance but want to check.

thanks Marcher.

Nothing was changed at all in fact, other than the file requirements...(did not explicitly state IP.Tracker needs to be installed... and see above... :logik: ).
I'd like to think I have been rather good about posting actual updates in the topics, and not making you wait around wondering :tongue: .

• 3 months later...

been awhile since I looked at this one. had not tried since content 2.3.2 update.

Fatal error: Declaration of feed_tracker::returnContentTypes() must be compatible with that of feedBlockInterface::returnContentTypes() in /home/davemac/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/tracker.php on line 15

line 15 is just a {
any thoughts?

• 2 months later...

This is the error i get when clicking on the installed blocks I also get the same message when trying to view the page. Am I missing something? followed the install instructions

Fatal error: Declaration of feed_tracker::returnContentTypes() must be compatible with that of feedBlockInterface::returnContentTypes() in /home/crosshai/public_html/tsadmin/applications_addon/ips/ccs/sources/blocks/feed/data_sources/tracker.php on line 15

Archived