Search system suggestion

EarthDog

Hi!

I would expect that search elements in advanced search page, would work together and not against each other. It seems that you cannot search with words AND tags at the same time. This creates a big problem to me at least.

My thinking:

Forums are by definition a basket of information. Moderators and usefull tools that board software provides, should ease the task of finding info. Because this is what is all about now and the future , the information quality and management.

So, i thought that if we could search with all the criteria at the same time we could maximize the efficiency oif the information inside.

So what i would like to have in next version is:

Search with keywords AND tags AND forums and anything else you add as a feature in the future.

Thanks for reading.

Hi!

I would expect that search elements in advanced search page, would work together and not against each other. It seems that you cannot search with words AND tags at the same time. This creates a big problem to me at least.

My thinking:

Forums are by definition a basket of information. Moderators and usefull tools that board software provides, should ease the task of finding info. Because this is what is all about now and the future , the information quality and management.

[u]So, i thought that if we could search with all the criteria at the same time we could maximize the efficiency oif the information inside.[/u]

So what i would like to have in next version is:

Search with keywords AND tags AND forums and anything else you add as a feature in the future.

Thanks for reading.

,,,,maybe... and maybe could strain a server to the floor LIKE matching that many columns at once.... i could see sphinx viably maybe.... but traditional on any scale it would bog down the search pretty hard matching results on that many tables/columns in one php request.

Archived