View New Content Feedback

• Jay •

View New Content is a feature that I never really used until recently. I appreciate the great strides that have been taken to improve the functionality of this feature. There is one small change that I would like to ask for, though.

"Content I Have Not Read" should be an option, not a time period.

1) Content is not a unit of time; unread content works beautifully as an option, though.
2) What if I want to limit my results to content that I have not read in the past 24 hours, day, week, etc? Can't do that with the current set up.

also zero replys , could /should be in the list , iv had members ask for this several times,

explaining they need to enter topics as zero replys in the search system, well thats all well and good , but what percentage actually ask.

a small % imo

What if I want to limit my results to content that I have not read in the past 24 hours, day, week, etc? Can't do that with the current set up.

That's sort of covered. When you do a VNC with say the last 24 hours specified, look at the icon on the left hand side. If it's bright then you haven't read that content. If it's greyed out then you have read it.

"Content that I have not read" being under time period makes sense to me. I think if it was somewhere else would cause confusion.

3DKiwi

That's sort of covered. When you do a VNC with say the last 24 hours specified, look at the icon on the left hand side. If it's bright then you haven't read that content. If it's greyed out then you have read it.

"Content that I have not read" being under time period makes sense to me. I think if it was somewhere else would cause confusion.

3DKiwi

"unread" is by definition an option. Using your own example, if "Content I Have Not Read" were listed under options, you wouldn't have to wade through a sea of gray to find the bright. That's the whole point of options.

What part of "Content I Have Not Read" is a measure of time?

"unread" is by definition an option. Using your own example, if "Content I Have Not Read" were listed under options, you wouldn't have to wade through a sea of gray to find the bright. That's the whole point of options.

What part of "Content I Have Not Read" is a measure of time?

I think then that you should make a mock up of how you think the VNC window should look. All very well criticising it but I doubt IPS will be too interested unless you can demonstrate a superior method.

3DKiwi

I think then that you should make a mock up of how you think the VNC window should look. All very well criticising it but I doubt IPS will be too interested unless you can demonstrate a superior method.

3DKiwi

It doesn't take a picture. The fact that you don't know what it would look like when a simple line of text is moved down 4 inches makes me wonder if you've ever even looked at and/or used View New Content for anything more than a simple single click new post check.

It doesn't take a picture. The fact that you don't know what it would look like when a simple line of text is moved down 4 inches makes me wonder if you've ever even looked at and/or used View New Content for anything more than a simple single click new post check.

No need to get your knickers in a twist. Of course I know what the current VNC operation looks like. I use here and at my forum every day. I doubt IPS will make any changes judging by the lack of complaints about the current system.

3DKiwi

Archived