Default Collapsed Categories

teraßyte

Brilliant, thanks so much! After I get my self-hosted community set up on a new host I will try this out.

Since it is an hook you can use it also on an hosted community with IPS, or I'm missing something? :unsure:

hey, this is great. do the colllapsed categories appear in the lighter skin format as shown in the app presentation in the marketplace, or is/was that just for better illustrative purposes? My concern is that members may thing there is nothing in the collapsed categories.

Thanks,

Brian

The lighter effect is a default effect of IP.Board, you can change it editing the CSS however :)

Hi Terabyte,

Is there any way this can be extended to the forums themselves?

Thanks

WelshLad

This hook can extend the current functionality only and since forums can't be collapsed by default it isn't possible.

I actually made another hook that you might want to take a look at, that hook completely removes the forum from the board index list without an option to show it unless you disable it thought: http://community.inv...om-board-index/

This hook can extend the current functionality only and since forums can't be collapsed by default it isn't possible.

I actually made another hook that you might want to take a look at, that hook completely removes the forum from the board index list without an option to show it unless you disable it thought:

http://community.inv...om-board-index/

Just thinking, If I was to use the Hide forum hook, would I be able to create a link for the hidden forums on my main navigation bar?

Thanks

Just thinking, If I was to use the Hide forum hook, would I be able to create a link for the hidden forums on my main navigation bar?

Thanks

Yes, as long as the user has permission to access the forum the link will work even if the forum is hidden :)

(If you have further questions about this hook post in the other support topic however :P )

• 1 year later...

Do you intend to upgrade this for 3.4.x or is it already compatible?

thanks

Personally I do not understand why you have to even ask this question. If it was a paid mod I would understand it, but this is a free mod, download it and give it a try and you will find out the answer to your question yourself. Very simple.

well exxxcccuuuuuuussseee mmmeee.

my greatest and most sincere apologies for asking a question to (not you) but the developer of the hook. I'm sorry if I greatly offended someone. Regardless of free or paid, I thought questions and inquiries were welcomed by the community. I don't appreciate your response as it is counter-productive and irrelevant. Go pick on someone that is ungrateful and demanding of free stuff, instead of someone that is a loyal, paying customer to over a couple dozen paid mods as well as someone that donates to others for their time investment in the IP software.

well exxxcccuuuuuuussseee mmmeee.

my greatest and most sincere apologies for asking a question to (not you) but the developer of the hook. I'm sorry if I greatly offended someone. Regardless of free or paid, I thought questions and inquiries were welcomed by the community. I don't appreciate your response as it is counter-productive and irrelevant. Go pick on someone that is ungrateful and demanding of free stuff, instead of someone that is a loyal, paying customer to over a couple dozen paid mods as well as someone that donates to others for their time investment in the IP software.

Calm down pal. There is no reason to throw a tantrum fit. I was not picking on you, nor did I say that you are ungrateful or demanding free stuff. I am very surprised as to why you drew those conclusions... .

All I said was that personally I did not understand why you had to ask that question when the hook is free and you can answer your own question by simply downloading it and trying it out. Because by doing that you would save yourself and the mod author a lot of time. That was all.

All I said was that personally I did not understand why you had to ask that question when the hook is free and you can answer your own question by simply downloading it and trying it out. Because by doing that you would save yourself and the mod author a lot of time. That was all.

I totally agree with this. If you're interested on a hook, download it, test it and if it doesn't work, post on SUPPORT TOPIC! It won't explode your board or delete all your members or topics (unless the hook handles it! :D), so, just test it. It's simple.

:smile:

Archived