Hosted Board Issues (Downtime \ Lost Data)

Max

Anyone else having problems with the hosted board? We had issues awhile back, but then things seemed to be good. We have been down twice this week, this time is bad.

• Down for 7 hours last night
  • When the board came back online it looks like a restore was done
  • We lost 36 hours of posts

Trust is huge when your data is in someone else's hands. Equally as important is communication and there just seems to be none on the IPB side. Emergency ticket opened 6 hours ago -- no response.

Disappointing. Just needed to vent and see if anyone else is having hosting issues.

Disappointing. Just needed to vent and see if anyone else is having hosting issues.

I apologize for the lack of communication. The server that your site is hosted on experienced hardware issues last night and Lindy spent several non-stop hours getting everything back up and running.

I don't know the full details, only that it was a big one. Again, I apologize for the lack of a response.

Understanding the annoyances and cost behind this, but has IPS considered moving customer data to a redundant pair of NAS devices (such as the HP X1000)

Than from there just mounting it to each of the needed cPanel servers you run and have data provision there.. It would make failing over if say a server fails a little less painful and would make porting sites a bit easier once configured

So I got an email explaining that there was a terrible hardware failure and my data was lost. Then we are up and running all day.

Oh but we just crashed again. Crashed again. Third time this week. 7th or 8th time in the past few months. Seriously? Seriously IPB?

Fun stuff ... NFL game ends. Hundreds of people come to talk football and see this:

Your site appears to be up and running. Please keep in mind that we're still recovering from the hardware failure last night and until it's completed, you may experience little hiccups.

As soon as I saw your posting, I checked on your ticket. Trust me, this is an important issue for us. My apologies for the inconveniences you have been experiencing lately.

I was just told, "that this is occurring because you are currently well over your package limit and your modifications are causing stress on the cluster".

We have the 175 user package and in the 7 day rolling window we are WAY UNDER that limit. We are currently at 330 users online, I find it hard to believe that we crashed the cluster.

Being told to disable all 3rd party apps (arcade and the cash mod which are hardly being used) just does not make sense. Can the cluster really not handle 330 or so users? I find that very hard to believe...

I was just told, "that this is occurring because you are currently well over your package limit and your modifications are causing stress on the cluster".

We have the 175 user package and in the 7 day rolling window we are WAY UNDER that limit. We are currently at 330 users online, I find it hard to believe that we crashed the cluster.

Being told to disable all 3rd party apps (arcade and the cash mod which are hardly being used) just does not make sense. Can the cluster really not handle 330 or so users? I find that very hard to believe...

We will address your concerns via your currently open ticket through our support system, as mentioned above we apologize for the issues you have experienced and we are working diligently to resolve any and all future issues with your hosting package.

We will address your concerns via your currently open ticket through our support system, as mentioned above we apologize for the issues you have experienced and we are working diligently to resolve any and all future issues with your hosting package.

Thanks Rhett. I updated the ticket tonight we have crashed a few times the past day or so and are currently down again now. Really hope it gets resolved soon...

Archived