User Agent in Online List

sijad

%7Boption%7D

File Name: User Agent in Online List

File Submitter: sijad

File Submitted: 17 Nov 2011

File Category: Promotion

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Adds an icon to each entry in the Online List which shows User Agent info (browser, search engine, etc.) about that session. You can set permissions on which groups can view this icon. Can come in handy to help recognize unknown search engine spiders or just to be nosy.

here to download this file

Is there an old mod out there for this? I've not ever looked into this, I'm not sure if I'm the 'him' you're referring to, though.

No. TB made a hook for 3.1 that displays a little icon next to your name in the active users list to show what browser you're on.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update, I realized that there's a folder out there in IP.Board that has browser icons that IP.Downloads uses, so I had this hook use those as well. So now the icon this uses will be a browser icon if that browser is recognized and an image file exists for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I realized that there's a folder out there in IP.Board that has browser icons that IP.Downloads uses, so I had this hook use those as well. So now the icon this uses will be a browser icon if that browser is recognized and an image file exists for it.

For mobile browsers could be icons too.

Michael

I find this mod to be very useful from an admin's POV, thanks for this.

Now, is there any way that I could add extra browser agents and/or images?

I would like to add the images for Pingdom/Magpie/Apple and Google bots etc. I know the images are stored in

/style_extra/downloads_traffic_images/browser_ <UAGENT NAME>.png

But were do I add the uagent information (uagent_key)? I know there is a "core_uagents" table, but not sure if this is correct.

For mobile browsers could be icons too.

I'm not sure what this is saying, is this a question?

Michael

I find this mod to be very useful from an admin's POV, thanks for this.

Now, is there any way that I could add extra browser agents and/or images?

I would like to add the images for Pingdom/Magpie/Apple and Google bots etc. I know the images are stored in

/style_extra/downloads_traffic_images/browser_ <UAGENT NAME>.png

But were do I add the uagent information (uagent_key)? I know there is a "core_uagents" table, but not sure if this is correct.

There is a User Agent Management page in the Admin CP where you can define these.

There is a User Agent Management page in the Admin CP where you can define these.

I knew that....... :blink:

You'd just need to upload new icons for different user agents that are recognized, but yes, that is possible.

Yeah I think I will work on this later tonight.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi,

This is a cool hook but seems outdated? Will there be any update for this? I'm using it on 3.4.7 and it doesn't seem to recognise IE11. It shows as a dinosaur head icon and when you expand it it says "Mozilla 5 " and "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko ".

Hi,

This is a cool hook but seems outdated? Will there be any update for this? I'm using it on 3.4.7 and it doesn't seem to recognise IE11. It shows as a dinosaur head icon and when you expand it it says "Mozilla 5 " and "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko ".

​Hi, I'll take a look, thanks for reporting

• 1 year later...

Archived