Download: Danish public language pack

Hi Claus,

That's great to hear. Is it a full language pack or a series of language modules? I need a language pack so that the English language pack will not be overwritten. I had problems when I uploaded three Italian language modules. I didn't know the modules would overwrite the English language pack. ... :((

Also, I don't know if you have seen my support topic on the community board but I am having a terrible time uploading language packs in the ACP. I keep getting memory limit fatal errors.

Do you have any experience with this issue? Apparently these memory issues plagued 3.3.4 and were remedied in 3.4.x

Thanks,

Brian

Actually, that's why i split it up into smaller bits.
You can have the full language pack as one file if you want, and try it out first.
Otherwise you should copy your existing language pack into a new language, and overwrite the separate parts with these.

Regards,
Claus

Hi Claus,

Thanks for the reply. I had submitted a support ticket to IPS and I asked something similar, about creating a new language pack and then uploading the modules. Their response was:

Keith Connell

04 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

Hello,
We do not recommend the importing of individual modules. A full language pack would be what you'd need to import.

Individual language modules are applied to all installed languages, not just the original or the one you've configured as default.

I recommend contacting the author of the language and letting them know if this issue.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Keith C
Invision Power Services, Inc.

however, another support person gave this perspective:

Andy Ford

05 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hello,

A 'full' pack should not overwrite any defaults it will sit alongside the others as the author should give it a locale of its own. Its generally only individual applications ie a pack such as public_calendar_language_pack.xml that can overwrite the default, they do not always but this depends on how the author "built" it. If they used a different locale it should not really overwrite it, however it is best practise to assume individual application xml's rather than a complete one may overwrite the default.

It's really tough for me because in our English language pack, I have, over the course of several years, created a number of customized language strings that to me, better express the meaning instead of the default language string.

It's really great to know you do have a full language pack as one file. If I can find a way to overcome the memory limit errors, I look forward to purchasing your file.

Brian

• 3 months later...

Hejsa,

Jeg har lige downloaded dine oversættelser og forsøgt at uploade til mit testforum ... jeg går ind under Look and Feel og uploader hver xml.gz fil for sig under Import Language XML og den siger noget med Inserted Language Bits. Så alt skulle vel være OK? Men jeg kan ikke se sproget nogen stedet, så jeg kan vælge det ... der vises stadig kun en_US på language-siden i look and feel. Hvad mon jeg mangler?

Forsøgte også at uploade det hele til ./admin/ mappen og installere det vha. filnavnet der gennem admin-interfacet ... men der kunne den slet ikke finde filerne ... hmmm, mystisk? Har endda sat premission til 777 og de ligger alle sammen i admin-mappen.

Prøver mig lige videre frem, men måske du eller nogen kan gennemskue hvad jeg lige gør forkert :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hej

Jeg har samme problem som Morlenka rapporterede 25.juni. Pakker uploaded enkeltvis og alt tilsyneladende gået korrekt. Meget er også oversat, men sproget dansk eksisterer ikke som valgmulighed hverken for administrator eller medlemmer. Hvis løsningen er en fuld sprogpakke, bedes du venligst sende mig en sådan.

Mvh. Steen

• 5 years later...
  • 10 months later...