Forum Moderators

MadMikeyB

Well this seems archaic and non-polished compared to the rest of the ACP. Seems to me like it needs a rethink?

For example, when in the forum manager, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom to add a new forum moderator. This seems a little silly when we should simply be able to click the dropdown (image) and select "Add moderator" from the list.

Also, there seems to be no list of all moderators in one page inside the ACP anywhere. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I have to drill down into the categories to find the little green badge which tells me there's a moderator..?

Another thing is that I hate having to drill down into forums and subforums to find moderators! For example, take this example:

%7Boption%7D

There is a moderator of "Contact an Admin", which is a Subforum of "Suggestions & Feedback" which is a subforum of "News & Announcements" which is a forum under the category. So why is there no green moderator badge under "News & Announcements" which indicates that there is a moderator in a child forum of this forum? Instead I have to make several more clicks to get to the moderator page. On a brief scan of the forum manager page, I don't know if there are any moderators at all. Bad for when you need to remove old moderators.

%7Boption%7D

This green badge should be on the parent forum in the initial forum manager overview, in my opinion, so that on a cursory glance I can see there is a moderator. This could also be fixed by listing at the bottom of the forum listing (where you currently add moderators) which moderators there are, or actually by adding a separate ACP page?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I personally do not use forum moderators but I did set up a site for someone that does and I agree it wasn't as fluid as the rest of the acp is. I love IPBs ACP but if I ere to be asked to find a flaw then this would be it. I'm sure this part can be reworked to be more logical. I think the main issue arises when you have moderators in sub forums.

I brought this up not an hour before on changes that should be made to the ACP.

Any ideas? Only one I could come up with was having a specific section for local moderators and controlling them rather than piggybacking them on the forums. It is... Clunky. But I didn't really have any suggestions on where to go with it.

[media]

[/media]

I brought this up not an hour before on changes that should be made to the ACP.

Any ideas? Only one I could come up with was having a specific section for local moderators and controlling them rather than piggybacking them on the forums. It is... Clunky. But I didn't really have any suggestions on where to go with it.

Ahh, sorry, Didn't know that you'd brought it up :P *gets out of your head*.

Well, we could possibly keep it as is, but maybe add the green moderator badge to the sub forum link? So maybe in my above screenshot it would be "Contact an Admin (1 Moderators)".

Either that, or a separate page listing which moderator goes to which forum, you click the moderator usernames and it shows you the permissions (in a grid? like forum permissions) that they have over that forum.

Archived