Mark Post as Edited

• Jay •

Right now, the option for removing the "edited" line is a global setting.

By adding the option to remove the "edited by" line for posts made by other members in the group settings (or as a moderator permission), administrators would be able to allow moderators to edit their own posts without leaving the "edited" line, but require it for editing posts made by other members.

I think he's saying they should make it so that when a moderator/admin is editing a users post they should have the option to add the edited by line so that other users know a staff person edited it.

I'm saying the edited by line is a global setting, regardless of whether you are editing your own post or somebody else's.

With my suggestion above, administrators could allow moderators to edit their own post without requiring them to leave the edit by line, but require that line when they edit the post of other members. That is not currently possible.

I'm saying the edited by line is a global setting, regardless of whether you are editing your own post or somebody else's.

With my suggestion above, administrators could allow moderators to edit their own post without requiring them to leave the edit by line, but require that line when they edit the post of other members. That is not currently possible.

Oh, that's different. :P

Archived