Downloads Portal

Marcher Technologies

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Downloads Portal

File Submitter: Marcher Technologies

File Submitted: 12 Nov 2011

File Category: Other style options

This Set of IPContent Blocks and accompanying page template will Allow You to Make ANY IPContent page into a Fully Functioning Downloads Portal.
It Serves as a set of custom-coded stand-alone downloads "blocks" for re-use and as a means to both control the downloads portal url and data return through a Content page.
The Block Data Returns honor ALL Downloads Permissions....
The custom Recent Downloads Tags block included will show the latest 50 tags used in downloads in full ipsTag file view style at stock.
Also Includes a standard 'Popular Tags' Block Limited to downloads files for use.

here to download this file

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I worked at it for about an hour but couldn't get it to work, the seperate blocks idea would be perfect, would I have to re buy it?

no.
spec of time.... it will be a part of this one..... similar to how tracker portal works.... i say similar cause a lot of this there is no real feed source similar to how it needs to be :P

Can't wait for this, I keep messing around with what I bought here and not having good results.

:tongue: That, is actually whats taking so long... you gotta understand block scope is evil... im using 3 separate IDM API calls to init things for it... which is why you are experiencing difficulty taking it apart... just smidge more time.

:tongue: That, is actually whats taking so long... you gotta understand block [u]scope[/u] is evil... im using 3 separate IDM API calls to init things for it... which is why you are experiencing difficulty taking it apart... just smidge more time.

Glad to know its not just me, that code was nuts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I was able to solve the center section issue described above by just creating a block with the page template code in it included in the download, and then removing the html for the side columns and the templates in them. That works fine standing alone, but I then tried to use another content mod of yours Marcher the sliders - content sliders, and I coded in the download portal center section into that.

http://www.vfrdiscus...orum/index.php?

see above for the actual slider - the block is called latest content.

Anyway the issue I am having is when I load up the homepage on the main content "latest post" or for that matter any other content slider other then "downloads" then try to view downloads by clicking the slider I get the section full of unpopulated blank screen - click the arrow keys and they slide into the picuture but the count is off?

Now if I refresh the homepage with "latest downloads" already loaded it populates the downloads slider just fine, so there is an issue with going from content slider to "latest downloads"? Not sure if its a css issue but its in chrome, IE8, and in firefox?

If I just put the downloads block I created as a stand alone page it works fine, its just when I add it into the slider block then does not load correctly if its not the default slider?

Perhaps a javascript conflict?

I also have the slider block in a test page

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&folder=&id=7

and I made a page with just the downloads block I want in it, works fine every time

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&folder=&id=8

So I was able to solve the center section issue described above by just creating a block with the page template code in it included in the download, and then removing the html for the side columns and the templates in them. That works fine standing alone, but I then tried to use another content mod of yours Marcher the sliders - content sliders, and I coded in the download portal center section into that.

http://www.vfrdiscus...orum/index.php?

see above for the actual slider - the block is called latest content.

Anyway the issue I am having is when I load up the homepage on the main content "latest post" or for that matter any other content slider other then "downloads" then try to view downloads by clicking the slider I get the section full of unpopulated blank screen - click the arrow keys and they slide into the picuture but the count is off?

Now if I refresh the homepage with "latest downloads" already loaded it populates the downloads slider just fine, so there is an issue with going from content slider to "latest downloads"? Not sure if its a css issue but its in chrome, IE8, and in firefox?

If I just put the downloads block I created as a stand alone page it works fine, its just when I add it into the slider block then does not load correctly if its not the default slider?

Perhaps a javascript conflict?

quite, but not with any of my mods.
ipb.topic is undefined
the poll plugin is missing some js apparently... mo, ill find the bug report.

http://community.inv...804#entry126804

OK I removed the poll block, then tried loading the page with the "latest posts" slider in first position, clicked "downloads" menu and the downloads loaded in the slider with unpopulated blank screen between the arrows again, so I think I can rule out the poll javascript - I just removed (see below) for now and at least it gives me something there - but the arrows no longer slide. So I know there is a javascript conflict somewhere, curious it must not be reading the pane size correctly if its not the window currently shown in the main slider and you refresh your browser, when it is the current window, the whats new, highest rated, and most watched panes all populate just fine. Its when you open the browser or refresh on a different main slider that you get blank panes? Perhaps the other sliders are being used as the pane width? I don't know I ran out of time to work on it - 4 nights 12 hour shifts, just started my work week in the fab. It will have to wait till next weekend.

<!--grab some js-->

<!--{parse js_module="idmportal"}-->

removed this for now and it works but the panes don't slide now

quite, but not with any of my mods.

ipb.topic is undefined

the poll plugin is missing some js apparently... mo, ill find the bug report.

It does not explain the test page with only your two mods, the slider and the downloads, same issue? No other blocks on the page? The 2 links at the end of my original post -> rules out the java conflict with the poll?

It does not explain the test page with only your two mods, the slider and the downloads, same issue? No other blocks on the page? The 2 links at the end of my original post -> rules out the java conflict with the poll?

its not that, the topics.js was masking what its really doing.....
hrmm, which sliders? the idm js module shouldn't cause any issues... the suspect becomes the other mod.... :logik:
which i now see, and also see is customized to the hilt...
i'd actually have to look directly at it on-scene, i get the sneaking suspicion its an ordering issue... eg, placing the js module inside the slider code or... something.

its not that, the topics.js was masking what its really doing.....

hrmm, which sliders? the idm js module shouldn't cause any issues... the suspect becomes the other mod.... :logik:

which i now see, and also see is customized to the hilt...

i'd actually have to look directly at it on-scene, i get the sneaking suspicion its an ordering issue... eg, placing the js module inside the slider code or... something.

i do see what your talking about... hrmm...
have you tried placing the js module before the slider block itself? if its inside it... i could see that doing oddity.... course...... sliders within sliders.... not strictly intended use.... im going to have to examine it directly to sort out a "fix" im afraid... that's assuming those two can play with each-other like that tolerably well(4 sliders inside another slider... :logik: )

ok... anyone else having the issue mentioned by HSlammer... if you are using any other script for sliders/whatnot, even my own.
the js module must be before or after, and not in it... this is not a bug with any of the modifications, but rather on odd... thing js_modules seem to do when placed within another js scripts content area.
placing it above or below the other js-powered items content area works.
within it(this is especially true of ajax btw) the js that is to be loaded must be actually outside the other scripts content area.

• 3 months later...

I got some question.

1. Is it possible to rearrange the file tags so they're in a nice neat order?
2. Is it possible to use the file tags hook on other parts of IPDownload?
2.A. If so, is it possible to choose which ones will appear on which page and which ones will not when tags are predefined?

I got some question.

1. Is it possible to rearrange the file tags so they're in a nice neat order?

2. Is it possible to use the file tags hook on other parts of IPDownload?

2.A. If so, is it possible to choose which ones will appear on which page and which ones will not when tags are predefined?

I *think* you are after a different mod I am still in progress of updating more than anything in this... you want a tags feed by the sound of it.

Archived