Thanks skin_newsletter does not exist

Let's try rebuilding your templates.

1. Login to the ACP
2. Go to Look & Feel -> Template Tools
3. Scroll down to "Rebuild Master Skin Data"
4. Under "Rebuild", check "Rebuild HTML"
5. Under "For Applications", check "[HSC] Newsletters"
6. Click "Rebuild"

After that you will need to recache your skins.
In Look & Feel -> Template Tools
1. At the top of the page, under "Recache Skin Sets", choose "All Skin Sets"
2. Press "Recache Skin Sets"

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

When I clicked Publish on my first newsletter, I received just a blank page. I stupidly then hit refresh, and got another blank page. I then checked in the forum I'd created to store the newsletters, and there were 2 new topics for the same newsletter, so I assume I've sent it to everyone twice.

This was on the version prior to that of the 20th November, so it may have been fixed, but I won't know until I try and send the next newsletter.

Let's try rebuilding your templates.

1. Login to the ACP

3. Scroll down to "Rebuild Master Skin Data"

4. Under "Rebuild", check "Rebuild HTML"

5. Under "For Applications", check "[HSC] Newsletters"

6. Click "Rebuild"

After that you will need to recache your skins.

1. At the top of the page, under "Recache Skin Sets", choose "All Skin Sets"

2. Press "Recache Skin Sets"

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Perfect, thank you!

Fatal error: Call to a member function rebuildCache() on a non-object in /home/unboundg/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/sources/classes/class_distribution.php on line 261

This happens when you manually try to send the newsletter or the task in the scheduler is run..

Fatal error: Call to a member function rebuildCache() on a non-object in /home/unboundg/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/sources/classes/class_distribution.php on line 261

This happens when you manually try to send the newsletter or the task in the scheduler is run..

Fixed. Download the new version from the Marketplace, and just upload the files. No upgrade necessary.

Sorry about all of this guys.... bear with me, I think we've got it now. :)

Maybe I'm just being thick, but I'm struggling to work out how to use this. I've created a newsletter, previewed it and supposedly published it. It appears in the new topic I created, yet the Last Distribution remains blank, so I assume it's not actually sent. How do I actually send it out?

For those of you having distribution issues - each time a newsletter is published, the app will write a log file to your cache directory called "newsletter.cgi". Please send me that file (via PM or email) and I will take a look.

If the distributions are not being triggered AT ALL (meaning, it doesn't even hit the forum automatically), this could be related to the amount of activity on your board and the time that the task is scheduled to run. (IPB tasks running during off-peak hours don't always run when they're supposed to.)

Another thing to check is the Back Issues. Each time the Newsletter is published, a new issue is generated and saved in the database. You can find it by going to the ACP, Manage Newsletters, and then selecting "Back Issues" from the dropdown menu on the right. Is there a record for the issue that is missing? This (along with the logs) will help me determine where you're getting stuck.

Do you plan to have a possibility for guests to sign up for newsletters in the future?

Possibly, but as of now this is not even on the calendar.

A new version is available in the Marketplace.

I did some investigation on the issue with Newsletters not distributing properly. From what I can see, the issues were being distributed, but really slowly.

In previous versions, newsletters were sent out in blocks of 50 every 10 minutes. If, for example, your forum has 4,000 members, a complete distribution would take a little over 13 hours. Additionally, since this runs off of IPB tasks, if your site has zero or little user activity during distribution, the task won't necessarily be triggered... so suddenly 13 hours becomes 14 or 15 or even 20.

The new version adjusts the distribution timing. Distributions now occur in blocks of 150 every 5 minutes. Using the above example, a distribution to 4,000 members should now take a little over 2 hours. I've also changed the timing of the tasks so that they now run during slightly busier times of the day (at 4:00 PM). You are of course free to adjust this time via the System Scheduler.

Please let me know if the latest version corrects the problem.

So it is finally sending emails etc. But events are not working.

Can you please tell me what your content settings are (range, number of days)? Do you see anything when you preview the newsletter?

Not sending, nor is it updating "last distribution", it's at ---

At this point, I really can't tell you anything unless I see a log file. Please send it to me via PM and I'll gladly take a look.

Is there a way to change the default layout of the HTML email? I saw that we can change the header and the footer to but I'd like to change the BODY layout also.

Is this possible and if so where?

It uses the same layout as the board emails. Change one - you change both.
IPS currently has it hardcoded in the file: /public_html/cache/skin_cache/emailWrapper.php

Found a bug. When adding content to a newsletter, you can not change which items come first.
Moving the items up and down the list doesn't save them upon refresh.
Adding the items in the order you want them doesn't work.
Latest Blogs Entries is always first and Latest Topics is always 2nd. (I want them reversed)

Archived