Newsletters

HeadStand

Well, sure, you are right....

Now, the next distribution is scheduled for 05/04/2014 (What is next sunday).

When i want to preview this newsletter (well, this is not possible, i know...), i have anyway a SQL-Error.

I have no Back-Issue for 04/27/2014, including i didnt receive an Issue.

This is the actual SQL-Error:

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 18:43:17 +0000 Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND f.file_submitter=m.member_id ORDER BY f.file_submitted desc LIMIT 0,5' at line 1 IP Address: 77.188.105.201 - /admin/index.php?adsess=f9afbb96ffbdf24c0981257e60cec9e1&app=newsletter&&module=newsletter&section=newsletters&do=preview&id=1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT f.*,m.members_display_name FROM ipb_downloads_files f,ipb_members m WHERE f.file_open=1 and f.file_submitted >=1398192197 and f.file_cat in () AND f.file_submitter=m.member_id ORDER BY f.file_submitted desc LIMIT 0,5 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/sources/classes/class_distribution.php| [content_latestfiles].loadContentRecords | 156 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/modules_admin/newsletter/newsletters.php| [class_distribution].getNewsletter | 361 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/modules_admin/newsletter/newsletters.php| [admin_newsletter_newsletter_newsletters]._preview | 52 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [admin_newsletter_newsletter_newsletters].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

Thank you!

Oh...i added new content from a new database, and in my ACP, i have a new line above the "content"

Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /kunden/*my_number*/webseiten/*changed_to_my_path*/admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/sources/content/latestfiles.php on line 189

Oh...and here we go with the latest SQL-Error, maybe it help....

Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 00:08:49 +0000 Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND f.file_submitter=m.member_id ORDER BY f.file_submitted desc LIMIT 0,5' at line 1 IP Address: 77.186.27.0 - /admin/index.php?adsess=657cbed7ee5e2edf4c5875bdb2cbded2&app=newsletter&&app=newsletter&module=newsletter&section=newsletters&do=preview&id=1&format=HTML ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT f.*,m.members_display_name FROM ipb_downloads_files f,ipb_members m WHERE f.file_open=1 and f.file_submitted >=1398384529 and f.file_cat in () AND f.file_submitter=m.member_id ORDER BY f.file_submitted desc LIMIT 0,5 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/sources/classes/class_distribution.php| [content_latestfiles].loadContentRecords | 156 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/modules_admin/newsletter/newsletters.php| [class_distribution].getNewsletter | 361 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/modules_admin/newsletter/newsletters.php| [admin_newsletter_newsletter_newsletters]._preview | 52 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | admin/sources/base/ipsController.php | [admin_newsletter_newsletter_newsletters].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

well the developer may know more but it seems to me this is related to this

f.*,m.members_display_name FROM ipb_downloads_files f,ipb_members m

I am not sure where that f is from as I don't see it in my database.

you have any hooks/mods for downloads that somehow alter members table that may be driving this?

Thank you, Sir!

WOW...i have a lot of hooks/apps installed, after the newsletter-app...

BTW: is there a chance to see in what timeline an Admin installed a hook/app

Regulary i write down the dates on a paper (that i whas learning from SMF), but since i have IPB i dont do it, cause all was running smoothly...until now).

well the developer may know more but it seems to me this is related to this

I am not sure where that f is from as I don't see it in my database.

you have any hooks/mods for downloads that somehow alter members table that may be driving this?

That's standard SQL syntax and is absolutely 100% correct. Please don't confuse the issue.

I see the issue, it will be fixed, but I just haven't gotten to it yet. Been a long week/weekend. Hopefully no later than tomorrow.

huh now I am wondering why I don't see that, preview works fine and newsletters (including ip.download stuff) seems to work fine. I am on mysql 5.6.17 though where many may be on 5.5 but can't see that mattering.

if not seeing this issue ( I could not even force it, was testing some newsletters on test board so tried to force this issue when there) would you advise updating anyways when its released?

huh now I am wondering why I don't see that, preview works fine and newsletters (including ip.download stuff) seems to work fine. I am on mysql 5.6.17 though where many may be on 5.5 but can't see that mattering.

if not seeing this issue ( I could not even force it, was testing some newsletters on test board so tried to force this issue when there) would you advise updating anyways when its released?

Did you filter your downloads by specific categories? That's where the issue is. Although I could have sworn I fixed this a while ago.....

yes, and had no issues. I didn't run long, just enough to generate 2 or 3 distributions (iirc was spaced 12 hrs) so I may have missed something. I was messing around testing some stuff anyways so figured I would try to duplicate but I just couldn't. I also nuked the test board this morning so I don't have the same setup now.

thats why I wondered about another hook as I am pretty much stock ip.downloads setup as its more a background/feeder program for me.

yes, and had no issues. I didn't run long, just enough to generate 2 or 3 distributions (iirc was spaced 12 hrs) so I may have missed something. I was messing around testing some stuff anyways so figured I would try to duplicate but I just couldn't. I also nuked the test board this morning so I don't have the same setup now.

thats why I wondered about another hook as I am pretty much stock ip.downloads setup as its more a background/feeder program for me.

All of the issues reported by this user are related to the same SQL error. Basically, if you can't even generate a preview, you aren't going to get any distributions because it can't render the newsletter altogether. If you can preview, you can distribute.

Thank you, Sir!

WOW...i have a lot of hooks/apps installed, after the newsletter-app...

BTW: is there a chance to see in what timeline an Admin installed a hook/app

Regulary i write down the dates on a paper (that i whas learning from SMF), but since i have IPB i dont do it, cause all was running smoothly...until now).

OK, I'm not crazy. I definitely DID fix this issue.

Stupid question: when was the last time you downloaded the newsletter app from the marketplace? According to my download logs, you're showing up with your last download on February 17, but this issue was fixed on March 12. Can you please upload the latest version and see if it works?

All of the issues reported by this user are related to the same SQL error. Basically, if you can't even generate a preview, you aren't going to get any distributions because it can't render the newsletter altogether. If you can preview, you can distribute.

and since I had no issues with preview that explains why no distribution issues. however, as you just mentioned, I was up to date on this app too.

I have newsletter v1.5 installed.

Furthermore, i dont filter the downloads by categories. But since i know, that this issue is related to IP.Downloads, i was trying to delete the Block and voila!...i can preview the newsletter!

But i prefer to have a solution for this...

Anyway i will download the version from today.

How can i update? Only overwrite the PHP-Files?

Oh...and i see now, that the next distributation is at 05/04/2014. I guess, i need to publish the NL manualy, for to have the date for the next sunday, im right?

I have newsletter v1.5 installed.

Furthermore, i dont filter the downloads by categories. But since i know, that this issue is related to IP.Downloads, i was trying to delete the Block and voila!...i can preview the newsletter!

But i prefer to have a solution for this...

Anyway i will download the version from today.

How can i update? Only overwrite the PHP-Files?

Oh...and i see now, that the next distributation is at 05/04/2014. I guess, i need to publish the NL manualy, for to have the date for the next sunday, im right?

The latest update was a patch, so it's still 1.5. Please upload the latest files to your server and you will have your solution.

As for the "next distribution" - if your newsletter is set to "Manual Distribution" then you need to set the Next Run date manually.

Thank you, i will try this in some minutes.

My NL is set to "weekly".

But i think thru the error, there is something wrong with the date. i will enter a new distribution date for next sunday...

If it's set to "weekly" (or any interval besides Manual), the next run date is auto-calculated and cannot be set manually. You set the Start Date and then after the newsletter goes out, the app will figure out the next run date and set it on its own.

First of all, I can't believe no one has ever asked about "styling" their newsletters. May becuz they have mad many have issues(past just styling) with this newsletter.

@Headstand, we sent you a PM (Reija) earlier and she never received a reply. So we'll come here. How does one adjust the style (colors etc.) PS: we know how to style via css

thanks

First of all, I can't believe no one has ever asked about "styling" their newsletters. May becuz they have mad many have issues(past just styling) with this newsletter.

@Headstand, we sent you a PM (Reija) earlier and she never received a reply. So we'll come here. How does one adjust the style (colors etc.) PS: we know how to style via css

thanks

People have asked about it, and some people have in fact posted samples of their styled newsletters in this very thread. Additionally, the documentation provided with this mod includes instructions on customizing the newsletter template. Please take a look at page 17 of the docs. If you have specific questions regarding styling, I'll be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

People have asked about it, and some people have in fact posted samples of their styled newsletters in this very thread. Additionally, the documentation provided with this mod includes instructions on customizing the newsletter template. Please take a look at page 17 of the docs. If you have specific questions regarding styling, I'll be happy to answer to the best of my ability.

I went through the thread and didn't see those examples. Must have missed those. I'll read the docs on page 17, thank you!

Hello Headstand! Can you please list out some general instructions on how to send out a newsletter manually? I've been trying to send one out manually for hours now and it won't go. Testing only to Admins. What am I doing wrong? I'd like to just test out sending a NL. :-)

Hello Headstand! Can you please list out some general instructions on how to send out a newsletter manually? I've been trying to send one out manually for hours now and it won't go. Testing only to Admins. What am I doing wrong? I'd like to just test out sending a NL. :-)

1. Set the interval to "Manual"

2. Make sure you set the "Next Run" date. That's the date that's used for manual distribution.

OR

Just hit the "Publish Newsletter" button and it will go out immediately.

1. Set the interval to "Manual"

2. Make sure you set the "Next Run" date. That's the date that's used for manual distribution.

OR

Just hit the "Publish Newsletter" button and it will go out immediately.

Thanks for the reply. Tried both and neither are working. i set it so only admins get it for testing purposes. Hit publish more than a few times and no newsletter is being delivered. even checked spam folder :-) can you possibly help us further? newsletters pending

Thanks for the reply. Tried both and neither are working. i set it so only admins get it for testing purposes. Hit publish more than a few times and no newsletter is being delivered. even checked spam folder :-) can you possibly help us further? newsletters pending

A few things to check first:

1. Are you able to successfully preview your newsletter? Make sure that there is content showing up, if the newsletter is blank, it will not distribute.

2. On the "Manage Newsletters" screen, there is a menu option for "Back Issues". Do you see any records there? How many are scheduled to go out? How many have already been sent?

3. Are you able to send ANY emails from your forum? Can you try sending an email through the Bulk Mail function to just Admins?