Newsletters

HeadStand

this is whats in footer

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you may
unsubscribe by going to your Control Panel and clicking on
the Newsletters tab, or clicking on the following link:
{unsubscribe}

but that does not come through in the email.

I didn't select any template thinking it would default to the standard one, was I wrong?

I thought maybe mandrill may be interfering but when doing a preview as html in the ACP I still have no unsubscribe link.

You won't see it in the preview, because it's generated during distribution.

I've just tested it in my dev environment and the link is being generated correctly. Have you checked your logs? You should have a file called newsletter.cgi in your cache folder. The log file would have the footer printed out somewhere.

yeah seems to be mandrill related, I need to investigate further.

on test board using php mail or server smtp its there, when using mandrill its not.

edit: not sure why but reverifying my dks and spif settings in mandrill settings somehow corrected it. I cannot fathom why. that does not make sense.

1 quick items that I may have missed browsing all the posts here,

the unsubscribe works well in the email, however it shows in the forum post too and is just the text.

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you may unsubscribe by going to your Control Panel and clicking on the Newsletters tab, or clicking on the following link: {unsubscribe}

The forum post should not have this IMO, is there a way to remove that from only the post that I am missing?

been running bunch of tests today and so far no real issues :smile:

the unsubscribe works well in the email, however it shows in the forum post too and is just the text.

The forum post should not have this IMO, is there a way to remove that from only the post that I am missing?

I've just uploaded a patch to the Marketplace to fix this issue.

To apply the patch, simply upload the files to your server. No actual upgrade is necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

Headstand,

I was looking into using crons but (and if mentioned before I don't see it, sorry) wanted to check something before I do.

from the looks of the system scheduler it first prepares the newsletter through the Automated Newsletters (builds it ??)and then later a separate Distribution task emails it?

so if I wanted to use crons I should first run the Automated task and then, giving it a few moments, run the Distribution task?

want to make sure I have the needed order correct, thanks.

Headstand,

I was looking into using crons but (and if mentioned before I don't see it, sorry) wanted to check something before I do.

from the looks of the system scheduler it first prepares the newsletter through the Automated Newsletters (builds it ??)and then later a separate Distribution task emails it?

so if I wanted to use crons I should first run the Automated task and then, giving it a few moments, run the Distribution task?

want to make sure I have the needed order correct, thanks.

That's correct.

Sorry for the delayed response, been a hectic week. :)

• 3 months later...