Newsletters

HeadStand

Currently setting up my 1st newsletter, keep getting this error message :

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/forumkey/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/modules_admin/newsletter/newsletters.php on line 201

I've just uploaded a fix to the Marketplace. Just upload the files, no upgrade necessary.

Clicking on the pencil to edit an existing newsletter results in this error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined method admin_class_newsletter::loadEditor() in /home/forumkey/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/modules_admin/newsletter/newsletters.php on line 170

A fix is available in the Marketplace, it should resolve this issue. Just upload all the files, no upgrade necessary.

Any chance of none members being able to subscribe? This would allow me to gain more views but also tempt people into being updated on my sites news. may join then

It's something I really want to add, but I just don't have the time at the moment. Sorry. :(

A fix is available in the Marketplace, it should resolve this issue. Just upload all the files, no upgrade necessary.

It's something I really want to add, but I just don't have the time at the moment. Sorry. :sad:

It's okay, I hope it will be added at some point and if it does you'll have an extra customer. I have a few of your mods now, all highly rated. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to send newsletter to selected groups via email? (from ACP>>Bulk mail)

You can do this, but not through the Bulk Mail feature.

What you would do is set up the Newsletter to be sent to specific groups (using the "Default Groups" setting) and then set the Publish Interval to "Manual". You would then enter a Next Run Date and it would be distributed at that time (and only that one time).

Today I installed it and I have a lot of problems.

In CP when I click tab Newsletters (http://matma4u.pl/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=newsletter) I see:

Fatal error: Call to a member function usercpNewsletters() on a non-object in /**********/admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/extensions/usercpForms.php on line 208

In ACP tab Publish Newsletter:

Fatal error: Call to a member function topicsHtml() on a non-object in /********/admin/applications_addon/other/newsletter/sources/content/latesttopics.php on line 326

When I set up Show Sidebar Block? Yes

Fatal error: Call to a member function sidebarBlock() on a non-object in /*******/hooks/newsletterSidebar_0fa1707e9abcb835341f7a93cff87394.php on line 56

Nothing works properly

Today I installed it and I have a lot of problems.

In CP when I click tab Newsletters (http://matma4u.pl/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=newsletter) I see:

In ACP tab Publish Newsletter:

When I set up Show Sidebar Block? Yes

Nothing works properly

Sounds like your templates weren't properly updated.

1. Login to your ACP
2. Go to Look & Feel -> Template Tools
3. Under "Rebuild Master Skin Data", check "Rebuild HTML" and "[HSC] Newsletters"
4. Press "Rebuild"
5. Return to the Template Tools screen
6. Under "Recache Skin Sets", make sure "< All Skin Sets >" is selected and press "Recache Skin Sets"

Let me know if that helps.

Sounds like your templates weren't properly updated.

1. Login to your ACP
2. Go to Look & Feel -> Template Tools
3. Under "Rebuild Master Skin Data", check "Rebuild HTML" and "[HSC] Newsletters"
4. Press "Rebuild"
5. Return to the Template Tools screen
6. Under "Recache Skin Sets", make sure "< All Skin Sets >" is selected and press "Recache Skin Sets"

Let me know if that helps.

I did it but app still doesn't works. (I also rebuild cache for all app)

I did it but app still doesn't works. (I also rebuild cache for all app)

Honestly, I'm not sure what else it could be. All of those errors are related to skin templates. If you rebuilt your skin and recached it, it should be working.

Is there any chance I can get ACP access to your site? If so, please PM me with the credentials so that I can take a look.

Honestly, I'm not sure what else it could be. All of those errors are related to skin templates. If you rebuilt your skin and recached it, it should be working.

Is there any chance I can get ACP access to your site? If so, please PM me with the credentials so that I can take a look.

Today I will try re-install app. If that doesn't help I give You access to ACP.

Now everything works fine but some strings are hardcoded: Started by, Last Post by, on, Views:, Replies:, You must enter a maximum number of Topics., You must select at least one Forum., Uploaded by, Comments:,

You can edit these in the skin template (skin_newsletter -> topicsHtml, filesHtml, etc).

My newsletters are again sending links like this:

http://www.freewarebb.com/index.phpfiles/file/12206-sicurpas-freeware-professional/

They did something similar before, but I can't remember why and how it was fixed ... anyone?

Thanks

marko

Last time that was an IPB bug and unrelated to the newsletter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have three newsletters set up, one drawing from Forum content, one from Calendar and the other from various Content databases. They have been working fine for several months.

As of this morning, when 'Previewing as HTML', the header and footer appear normally but there is no content in between. "Previewing as Plain Text" works properly.

We upgraded to 3.4.4 last week. I have recached the skins, etc.

Any ideas?

I have three newsletters set up, one drawing from Forum content, one from Calendar and the other from various Content databases. They have been working fine for several months.

As of this morning, when 'Previewing as HTML', the header and footer appear normally but there is no content in between. "Previewing as Plain Text" works properly.

We upgraded to 3.4.4 last week. I have recached the skins, etc.

Any ideas?

The issue resolved itself today. No idea why it misbehaved yesterday (and I tested it five or six different times). Sorry to bother.

• 2 weeks later...