[REQUEST] Board loading speed per customer

RObiN-HoOD

Since I saw that downloading speed can be customized (IPD), how about the forums / board page loading times been controlled?

For example for paid customer have full speed while for free user the forum loads slower.

Is this logical? unless there is no change for the resources ...

Since I saw that downloading speed can be customized (IPD), how about the forums / board page loading times been controlled?

For example for paid customer have full speed while for free user the forum loads slower.

Is this logical? unless there is no change for the resources ...

wouldn't this mod be able to be twisted to that purpose?

3) Minimum Loading Delay Speed!

4) Maximum Loading Delay Speed!

You can make it so that they (the annoying users only) will experience an extremely slow page load at your forum.

and as group controls exist in said app, i see very little need for a core rendering.

Making it slower for guests borders along the same line as the most annoying mod ever made for IP.Board. Was made by Dean (IIRC) and basically it was an annoying floating box that stayed in the middle of the page that you could only get rid of if you signed in or joined (and then signed in). I didn't use his site that much other than to find and use a couple of other mods he had made. I think I came across one other site that used it and I didn't join and I don't recall going back to that other site after that.

I'll admit that I'm no expert to bringing in the visitors and racking up new members, but I know that when you try to force people to join, that more times than not, you're losing more people than you're gaining.

Archived