View attachments permission

Axel Wers

I was looking for this setting but it seems that we don't have any.

New permission which allows set up which group can see attachments would be good.

For example, when I deny view attached images for guest I could save LOOOOOT of traffic and improve speed of my board. It's good suggestion isn't it?

I was looking for this setting but it seems that we don't have any.

New permission which allows set up which group can see attachments would be good.

For example, when I deny view attached images for guest I could save LOOOOOT of traffic and improve speed of my board. It's good suggestion isn't it?

IP.Board does have this permission. It can be found on the permission matrices for individual forums and is called "Download Files". ;)

• 1 month later...

I have the opposite problem. On my site I can attach images to a post and I can see them. But when a guest gets on they can't see the images, all they see is the text 'DSCN1759.jpg (96.33K)' which lets them download the images.

I want to allow attached images to be viewed by anyone who can access the forum, but I don't want guests to be able to download attached non-image files from the posts.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the opposite problem. On my site I can attach images to a post and I can see them. But when a guest gets on they can't see the images, all they see is the text 'DSCN1759.jpg (96.33K)' which lets them download the images.

I want to allow attached images to be viewed by anyone who can access the forum, but I don't want guests to be able to download attached non-image files from the posts.

bump

• 2 years later...

Archived