Pete T

VIP Members

%7Boption%7D

File Name: VIP Members

File Submitter: Pete T

File Submitted: 30 Oct 2011

File Category: Promotion

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This application will manage VIP Members on your forum. You can promote users to a specific group and provide a number of days he will be as a VIP Member. After that time, he will return to his original group automatically. You can add/remove days, make the user a Permanent VIP Member and demote members easily.

At every action (when member becomes a VIP Member, when he is demoted and when his time in VIP Account is changed) user will receive an automatic message. You can also configure a number of days remaining to finish the plan VIP member and he will receive an automatic warning.

New features:

• Added the ability to use VIP group on secondary groups
  • Fix the bug that wasn't demoting users to their original group when uninstall VIP Members application

Note:

A public list of VIP Members was added in version 2.1.0. If you don't want to show that list, go to your Admin CP -> System tab -> Manage Applications & Modules -> on the line of VIP Members click on the pencil to edit the application -> click on Tab Permission tab and mark YES on Hide for all current and future groups?. Also doesn't choose any group in Allowed Groups in this APP Settings.

here to download this file

When i click install and it get to the page i'm getting these errors.

Welcome to the IP.Board application set up utility. 

This installation is in progress... 

The following errors have been found:

· ALTER TABLE members ADD sospromote_vip tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0';

Duplicate column name 'sospromote_vip'

· ALTER TABLE members ADD sospromote_vip_eterno tinyint(1) DEFAULT '0';

Duplicate column name 'sospromote_vip_eterno'

· ALTER TABLE members ADD sospromote_vip_g_origem smallint(3) DEFAULT '0';

Duplicate column name 'sospromote_vip_g_origem'

· ALTER TABLE members ADD sospromote_vip_dias smallint(3) DEFAULT '0';

Duplicate column name 'sospromote_vip_dias'

Version 1.0.0 was missing a file that drop columns when you uninstall it. Did you uninstall it ? If yes, go to your PHPMyAdmin and drop columns:

• sospromote_vip
  • sospromote_vip_eterno
  • sospromote_vip_g_origem
  • sospromote_vip_dias

from ibf_members and install version 2.0.0.

It is fixed in 2.0.0.

Thanx for excellent app!

When I installed it on my board it doesn't show a star on user panel for vip members (but when I installed it on test clean board it does)
Where can I fix it ?

Yeah, everything seems fine (everything is installed, image is on proper folder, debuging, etc.)... but the star didn't appear.

I really don't know what's going on... maybe some conflict with other hook. I didn't disabled none as I don't know if I can do it.

The problem is that I can't reproduce it... even you saw it working in another installation you did.

I don't know: on the test board I installed the same hooks, apps in the same order and it works
Why it doesn't show on main board..... May be I can check something in skins and templates?

Hello. I was wondering if this can be used to put members in a group where they have to get a certain number of posts in a certain number of weeks. If they don't get it, it demotes them to another group. Possibly even sends them a PM or email telling them they were demoted. If this is not supported, it would be a great feature to add.

Hello,

Thank you for this fantastic mod.

I have a problem against by some members when I add:

Can You Help Me ?! ! :) :)

Thanks !

Erreur système

[#11737] ERROR: We couldn't locate that member!

Version 2.1.0 released.

%7Boption%7DSOS-1320344913-U1.png' alt='' class='ips" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="434">

A public list of VIP Members was added in version 2.1.0. If you don't want to show that list, go to your Admin CP -> System tab -> Manage Applications & Modules -> on the line of VIP Members click on the pencil to edit the application -> click on Tab Permission tab and mark YES on Hide for all current and future groups?. Also doesn't choose any group in Allowed Groups in this APP Settings.

Getting error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function listVIPMembers() on a non-object in ..../admin/applications_addon/other/sospromote/modules_public/list/list.php on line 84

Interesting that problem happened on my test board too...
I do not know where to find problem

At least may be you help me to formulate the problem and I will write in support, although they do not support 3rd part applications
But it is obvious that some kind of problem with my board or conflict with my server