(TB) Group Format

teraßyte

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Terrabyte,

I really appreciate your work on this mod, it really makes a forum look so much better.

Quick question, & this may seem a bit odd. Would it be possible to make this hook ignore & not apply the formatting to the usernames in certain areas? The reason that I ask is that we're running a custom skin & the usernames look really good on most of the board except for in the main title bar at the top of each post in both the topic view as well as a message thread. (The background used for that bar is such that it's difficult to find colors that have enough contrast.) Is there any way to do that?

Hey Terrabyte,

I really appreciate your work on this mod, it really makes a forum look so much better.

Quick question, & this may seem a bit odd. Would it be possible to make this hook ignore & not apply the formatting to the usernames in certain areas? The reason that I ask is that we're running a custom skin & the usernames look really good on most of the board except for in the main title bar at the top of each post in both the topic view as well as a message thread. (The background used for that bar is such that it's difficult to find colors that have enough contrast.) Is there any way to do that?

Unfortunately no, I had planned on re-writing the whole hook and add a setting to disable certain areas. In the end I decided to leave the full rewrite for the upgrade to 4.0.

I can give you an edit to make in the XML hook file if you're comfortable in doing it, done that you just have to re-import the modified hook.

• 4 months later...

Hello. I'm trying to install this hook, but In the instructions it tells me to insert a file into the admin folder. Where do I find that folder I don't see it in my ACP

​There is an "upload" folder in the package, you need to upload the files in there to your server using an FTP application. You can't do that directly from the ACP.

Unfortunately no, I had planned on re-writing the whole hook and add a setting to disable certain areas. In the end I decided to leave the full rewrite for the upgrade to 4.0.

I can give you an edit to make in the XML hook file if you're comfortable in doing it, done that you just have to re-import the modified hook.

​Hey Terabyte,

For whatever reason, I didn't realize that you replied to my request above, sorry for the late reply to yours. Thanks so much!  If you could give me that edit for the XML file, I would be grateful.  I'm pretty comfortable with making those kinds of edits.

​Hey Terabyte,

For whatever reason, I didn't realize that you replied to my request above, sorry for the late reply to yours. Thanks so much!  If you could give me that edit for the XML file, I would be grateful.  I'm pretty comfortable with making those kinds of edits.

​Reading your reply above it seems like you want to remove the formatting for the topic title when you're viewing a topic, but I'm not clear on the other place you want to disable. Could you provide me some more details please?

• 1 month later...