Request for "Online List" link in mobile skin

tonyv

I recently upgraded to 3.2.2 and am pleased with its look and functionality. Along with the upgraded full site came also the IP.Board Mobile Theme which itself is pretty snappy.

When you click on the small squares at the top right corner of the mobile site, six clickable options open. They are "Notifications," "Members," "New Content," "Status Updates," "Search," and "Mark All Read." But I myself would use the mobile skin more often if one of the options was "See Online List/Last Click." As the admin of my site, I like to see who's online even when I'm on the go, so I'll often resort to viewing the full site on my mobile device for lack of this feature in the mobile site. Perhaps "Online List" could be added into the mobile site in place of "Status Updates"? I would find the online list option infinitely more useful than status updates ...

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I just got my update to 3.4.4, and the mobile theme has a welcome improvement: the ability to get to the latest post in a topic with one click. This is terrific, because I have some long topics that span many pages, and it wasn't possible to get to the most recent post without going through all the pages using the old version of the mobile theme.

I still think there should be a link in the mobile theme to the online users, with IP's visible to signed in admins, and a handy way to ban interloping IP's in cPanel (or the mobile theme - even better) using a mobile phone while on the fly! :geek:

Okay, I didn't have good luck with the hook. It looks like a terrific hook, but it's not for 3.4.4. In any case, I found a workaround. There's no direct link for the online users on my mobile theme, so what I did was navigate to it with the Full version and then switch to the Mobile theme. After that, I added that page to the home screen of my old school BlackBerry. Now, each time I want to see who is online on my board, I just click the icon, and it opens to my online users in mobile theme. It even has the "Update" button. I have a hook on my board that that shows users' clickable IP's in the online users list, and that's working in my home screen view also.

Archived