Tonka IPB Skin

Heosforo

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Tonka IPB Skin

File Submitter: Heosforo

File Submitted: 28 Oct 2011

File Category: Complex Skins

Tonka Skin is a simple design and now works with IPB 3.3.2
If you want to use 3.2.3 or 3.3.0 version see the previous download files (1.1 & 1.2).
Hope you like.

Updated version 1.3 / IPB 3.3.2
Added fixed and fluid versions

Submenu Instructions

- Go to: Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates, select Tonka - Open globalTemplate - Find: <!-- submenu --> You will see a piece of code, there are all the links for example some like this: <li class="memu-root"><a href="#">Link</a></li> <li class="memu-root"><a href="#">Link</a></li> <li class="memu-root"><a href="#">Link</a></li> <li class="memu-root"><a href="#">Link</a></li>

here to download this file

wow, great skin. I am wondering about the links under each of the apps... is that a special setting with the skin that I can set in the acp? As an example, in your demo, when I click on members, I see the sub menu that lists calendar, and a bunch of other stuff.

Bottom line question: what is the relation between the main navigation and the subnavigation?

Another question: will Fusion Menu work with this skin?

Thanks,

Brian

The sub menu hasn't relation with the main navigation, is just an extra menu to add more links.

It can be edited or removed directly in the template: Look & Feel > Manage Skin Sets & Templates > Skin > globalTemplate
looking for <!-- submenu -->

About Fusion Menu, I really don't know, but if it work fine with default template should work fine here too (I think, because main navigation have only css editions).

Thanks for your comment (and sorry my bad english), regards.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can adjust the width by going into "Look & Feel", click on "Tonka (Import)", then click on the "CSS" tab.

Click on "tonka.css", in the first couple of lines you will see this below..

.tk_wrapp {width: 1024px; margin: auto;}
#tk_head {position:relative; width:1024px; height:110px; background: url({style_images_url}/head.jpg) no-repeat;}

Edit the width in both lines to a higher width, such as example 1200px etc. then click "Save" :)

• 1 month later...

Skin updated 1.2 / IPB 3.3.0

Added fixed and fluid versions

Thanks! Even though I can make skins on my own I still use this one because I love the design so much. I was going to update it tomorrow but glad you did it yourself!!

• 4 weeks later...

Alright so I upgraded my site to 3.3 finally. First of all I love what you did to the breadcrumb. It's so beautiful! And the little RSS icon is cute too.

I decided to use the fluid width version this time and I noticed that for .menu-container you forgot to set a min-width so when you shrink your window, this part continues to shrink while nothing else does. Also I can't figure out how to change the width...which is quite embarrassing. I want to make it something like 85%, but everything I try messes something up.

Alright so I upgraded my site to 3.3 finally. First of all I love what you did to the breadcrumb. It's so beautiful! And the little RSS icon is cute too.

I decided to use the fluid width version this time and I noticed that for .menu-container you forgot to set a min-width so when you shrink your window, this part continues to shrink while nothing else does. Also I can't figure out how to change the width...which is quite embarrassing. I want to make it something like 85%, but everything I try messes something up.

Thanks mate I hadn't noticed that error
I've fixed it, just re-upload the skin

Or if you want edit manually:
just replace (tonka.css)

.tk_wrapp {margin: auto;}[/CODE]

with:

[CODE].tk_wrapp {margin: auto; min-width: 980px; width:100%;}

I think there you can also adjust the % width

Alright looks good. Just wondering why is margin: 0 40px 0 40px; in html for the css? I don't know if I'm just being silly but I can't help but feel the site isn't centered right...maybe I should check on a larger screen hehe.

Btw, the skin you have on heosforo is amazing!! If you release it here I'm definitely switching. I seriously just want to relearn spanish so I can post on your site.

I wanted to give a margin to not use the entire screen. I don't know why when I used only the body didn't put good margins. Maybe I should remove that
I see that centers right, but maybe we may need a third opinion

About the other skin, I'm planning to release it here, I just need to finish some details.
I'm glad you like it :smile:

Archived